Surnames/tags: Runciman Runchman Runcieman
The RUNCIMAN Surname One Name Study (ONS) groups families into their respective trees and uses genetic genealogy, aka DNA testing, to provide a scientific basis to paper-trail family tree connections, and hints on which tree may be linked to another. See also the Guild of One Name Studies Runciman pages particularly the Media > Histories where breaking news re DNA will be posted - does rather depend on new lines being tested however!
Also keep an eye on the project diary for updates.
This page is intended to supplement the above pages and provide links to the collaborative family trees that WikiTree is so good at.
As at Jul 2022 there were 25 Runciman profiles that were not connected to the overall collaborative one big family tree. Why not take a look and see if you can join them, or any descendant / spouse up to an existing family?
The DNA features makes WikiTree an even better companion tool for DNA projects in that, if comfortable doing so, you can mark your own profile with what test(s) you have taken and all the relevant connected people get a link automatically placed on their page to show that they may be interested in your DNA results.
Which all should allow more accurate family trees to result.
See Runciman Lineages
If your line is not listed on the ONS page, use the One Name Study contact details to get it added.
Better still, make sure your tree is here on WikiTree, merged with any duplicated profiles (people) that you find are already on this wonderful site, and work on your tree together.
Please post a public comment on this page to provide a link to your earliest male RUNCIMAN (or similar).
These will be reviewed periodically and links included here, and to/from the One Name Study/DNA project pages.
Born before 1700
- George RUNCIMAN of Westruther, Berwickshire, Scotland born abt 1645; Related One Name Study page;
- William RYNSIMAN of North Berwick, East Lothian, Scotland born abt 1675; Forebear of "William of Crail". Related One Name Study page;
- George RUNCIMAN of Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland born abt 1690; Related One Name Study page;
- Alexander RUNCIMAN of Meikle Pinkerton, East Lothian, Scotland born abt 1695; Related One Name Study page;
Born between 1700 and 1750
Born between 1750 and 1800
Born between 1800 and 1850
Born after 1850
All DNA participants with RUNCIMAN connections, and comfortable with online trees, are invited to provide a link to their profile where further information may be found.
Read Wiki Tree DNA Project page about privacy concerns for suggestions on how to enter living people, whilst still gaining benefit from this feature.
ie direct male line RUNCIMAN DNA From FamilyTreeDNA (FTDNA)
eg FamilyFinder from FTDNA, Ancestry, MyHeritage 23andme
DNA inherited, randomly, from all of your direct ancestors.
As autosomal DNA inheritance is random as to which ancestor's dna gets passed on in detectable quantities, please see WikiTree's calculations (link to be found and included) as to which people get marked as connected to a person indicating they have taken this test.
This is one of the more exciting uses of DNA and family trees and a great feature from WikiTree.
Share your family tree, mark your DNA test, connect up to any duplicated people you find, and the network of usefulness of the FamilyFinder tests grows.
With surname changes every generation, probably only of interest to list here if your direct maternal ancestor was the mother of a RUNCIMAN male line.
Bessie FAMILTON married John RUNCIMAN abt 1742 - mtDNA test taker link yet to be included.
- #OneNameTuesday showcase: Runciman Name Study Jul 12, 2022.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Lorna Henderson and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)