- Säfsnäs parish is in the old province of Dalarna. The county was formerly known as Kopparberg County. Today it is Dalarna County. The County Code is (W).
- Säfsnäs had its own chapel within Nås parish from 1748, and was split off as its own pastorate in 1798.
- Säfsnäs is in Ludvika municipality since 1971
- The Wikipedia page for Säfsnäs as a parish is only in Swedish. On the other hand there is a substantial article in English about Fredriksberg
Parishes surrounding Säfsnäs
- Äppelbo - About Äppelbo
- Järna - About Järna
- Nås - About Nås
- Floda - About Floda
- Grangärde - About Grangärde
- Hällefors in Örebro County
- Gåsborn in Värmland
- Rämmen in Värmland
- Säfsnäs church in Fredriksberg Google map - more likely to have street view for main roads
- Säfsnäs Eniro map - more likely to have many of the old village names
- Presentday map of Säfsnäs församling
- Historical maps at Lantmäteriet
- Kopparberg County Parishes overview map at FamilySearch.
Church records for Säfsnäs start in 1748, when the parish was split off from Nås.
- Säfsnäs church records at Riksarkivet SVAR
- General information about church records in the National Archives
- NAD Nr SE/ULA/11506
- Arkiv Digital, Kopparberg County (paysite with excellent digitizations)