Location: Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, United States
Surnames/tags: hart cauffman
Sons of American Revolution (SAR)
- Date: 03 Aug 1936
- SAR Number: 54832
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Credential of Stanley Hart Cauffman 
- I, Stanley Hart Cauffman being the age of 55 years hereby apply for membership in this Society by the right of lineal descent in the following line from James Hart, who was born in Plumstead, Bucks County, Pennsylvania on the 17th day of May 1759 and died in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on the 22nd day of April 1826, and who assisted in establishing American Independence. I was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania County of Philadelphia State of Pennsylvania on the First day of November, 1880.
- I am the son of Frank Guernsey Cauffman born 1850, died 1921, and his wife Sara Byerly Hart, born 1852, died 1920, married 1878
- grandson of James Hankinson Hart, born 1811, died 1862, and his wife Catharine Louise Badger, born 1814, died 1886, married 1837
- great grandson of Thomas Hart, born 1786, died 1852, and his wife Mary McCalla, born 1759, died 1823, married 1810
- great great grandson of James Hart, born 1759, died 1826, and his wife Eva Hankinson, born 1763, died 1820, married 1785
- great great great grandson of James Hart, born 1717, died 1766, and his wife Jean Means, born 1726, died 1799, married ?
- great great great great grandson of Samuel Hart, born 1690, died 1750, and his wife Elizabeth, born ?, died 1750, married ?
- and the said James Hart (No 4) is the ancestor who assisted in establishing American Independence, while acting in the capacity of Private, Captain Robert Gibmen's Company of Plumstead, Bucks County, Pennsylvania Militia. His older brother, John, was Lieutenant of this Company, and his brother Samuel a Private.
- My ancestor's services in assisting in the establishment of American Independence during the War of the Revolution were as follows:
- Served as a Private in the War of the Revolution, Bucks County Militia, his father, James Hart, had served as a Lieutenant of the Appointed Regiment of Bucks County during King George's War (1741-1748)
- Signed, Stanley Hart Cauffman
- ↑ "Membership Application of Stanley Hart Cauffman". Ancestor: James Hart. National Number 54832. State Number 2686. 03 Aug 1936. Philadelphia Chapter. United States. The Pennsylvania Society of the Sons of the American Revolution ancestry.com. Subscription required. (Accessed 04 Sep 2017)