Surnames/tags: Saint_Patrick's Clare Munster
|Ireland||Main Clare Page||Category for Saint Patrick's Parish||Civil Parishes in County Clare|
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Clare team
Saint Patrick's Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: Cill Chuáin.
- Logainm Link: Saint Patrick's Parish on Logainm.ie
- Barony: Bunratty Lower
- Province: Munster
Population Centres of Saint Patrick's Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish, where known, are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Clare
The Townlands of Saint Patrick's Civil Parish
- The townlands in Saint Patrick's Parish (Cill Chuáin) are those taken from Saint Patrick's Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results!
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively, if you feel condifent to do so, see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Athlunkard Áth Longfoirt 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballycannan Baile Uí Chanáin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballyfinneen Baile Fhínín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballyglass An Baile Glas 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballykeelaun Béal an Chaoláin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Blackwater An Dubhabhainn 1901 Census, 1911 Census Castlebank Caisleán an Chalaidh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cloonoughter Cluain Uachtair 1901 Census, 1911 Census Drummin An Dromainn 1901 Census, 1911 Census Fairyhill Cnoc na Sióg 1901 Census, 1911 Census Garraun An Garrán 1901 Census, 1911 Census Gortatogher Gort an Tóchair 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kilquane Cill Chuáin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Knockballynameath Cnoc Bhaile na mBiatach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Lakyle An Leathchoill 1901 Census, 1911 Census Parkroe An Pháirc Rua 1901 Census, 1911 Census Parteen An Pairtín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Quinspool North Poll Uí Choinn Thuaidh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Quinspool South Poll Uí Choinn Theas 1901 Census, 1911 Census Reanabrone Rinn na Brón 1901 Census, 1911 Census Rosmadda East Ros Mada Thoir 1901 Census, 1911 Census Rosmadda West Ros Mada Thiar 1901 Census, 1911 Census Saint Thomas' Island Oileán San Tomás 1901 Census, 1911 Census Shannakyle An tSeanchill 1901 Census, 1911 Census
- A list of external resources for this parish may be placed here. More general souces for Clare should be added to the main Clare page.
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For the full 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- The pre-formatted line for each townland and the fully formatted CIB header can be seen below this page when in edit mode. Please ensure you have read the 'How to' before doing anything. Briefly, the pre-formatted line in the hidden text is used to replace the line above. The CIB text is pasted into the category which is created by clicking on the red category link.
- Parish format version 3.3. Team links in CIBs now implemented.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive