Surnames/tags: Litchfield Snover
Work in progress
- Pauline Layton, 19 Feb 2020
This single scrap of paper, torn from a small paper pad or blank book, turned out to contain a wealth of information about the Snover family of Litchfield, Pennsylvania, most of it accurate. George Layton must have jotted it down sometime around 1950 (or perhaps much sooner).
On one side is written "Phebe Dillestin married Moses Snover." These were Sally Snover Layton's parents and George Layton's great grandparents. (The underlined word "Snovers" was written later, by a different hand.)
On the other side is a list of Sally Snover Layton's siblings and their spouses and children.
Text on other side
Sally M. Snover's brothers & sisters: 
Guy and Stella children
- Guy m. Hadlock
- Stella m. twice
- Snover - Alton
- Josephine - Harriet
- Phebe - Victoria
- Flora Snover m. Van Gorder
- m Rolison
- 2 Mary Sanders
- ↑ This list was found among the collection of George Layton's genealogical papers that came into the possession of his granddaughter Pauline Layton after his death.
- ↑ The order is incorrect. James must have been Nancy's first husband, because Horace outlived her and remarried.
- ↑ Not quite right. Marcus L. Snover and William Snover were sons of the first wife, Elizabeth Roloson, according to Find A Grave: Memorial #54577380
- ↑ With the second wife David had Halsey O. Snover, Elizabeth Snover, Hattie M. Snover Norse, and Mary Snover Hampson, according to Find A Grave: Memorial #55493554
- George Layton's collected genealogical papers, currently in possession of his granddaughter Pauline Layton.
- Find A Grave: Memorial #54577380
- Find A Grave: Memorial #55493554