Surname/tag: Rowley, Roley, Rawley, Ruhl
The following is research on the sources for Samuel Haworth Rowley, his possible wives, and two children. Family Bible records indicate one marriage, Census and public sources have two other women as a spouse. This is an attempt to sort out the chronology of this information. Anyone who has suggestions or corrections please let me know.
Samuel Haworth Rowley was the second son of Henry Rowley and Mary Ann Rardin  b. 5 Sep 1857 in Jackson County, (West) Virginia. The next reference to him in the Bible is his marriage to a Lizzie M (?) Ayers on 7 Mar 1883 . This source is difficult to make out. I speculate her first name was Elizabeth, but I have found no other record for her and created a profile as a place holder Elizabeth M Ayers.
The Census of 1910 has Samuel, 52; Sarah B., 50; Forrest, 16; and Sarah's mother Elizabeth Davis, 71. Years married are "0", possibly indicating their marriage about 1910. Sarah B. Davis was born Apr 1860 in Locust Grove, Adams County, Ohio and died in 1918 in Peebles, Adams County, Ohio.
By the 1920 Census, Samuel is 62 and Emma "E" Rowley as his wife.. We do have record of this marriage 31 Dec 1919, in Peebles, Ohio, USA to Mrs. Emma Florea. The 1930 Census has Samuel and Emma together.Samuel dies in 1934 in Peebles, Adams, Ohio; Emma died in Wilmington, OH, Nov 1952.
I surmise Samuel first married "Lizzie Ayers" in 1883. Lizzie possibly died around 1884-5 after which Samuel marries Emma Evans, they have two children; Della and Edgar in 1889 and 1893. Between 1900 and 1910, Samuel and Emma separate and he marries Sarah Davis about 1910. Records indicate Sarah died in 1918, thereafter Samuel and Emma are reunited. Emma may have remarried in the meantime, their Church marriage record has her as "Mrs. Emma Florea", or this could be a totally different Emma.
- ↑ https://www.wikitree.com/photo/jpg/Rowley-3543
- ↑ https://www.wikitree.com/photo/jpg/Rowley-3543-1
- ↑ 1900 United States Federal Census; Census Place: Winchester, Adams, Ohio; Page: 2; Enumeration District: 0021; FHL microfilm: 1241235 https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&dbid=7602&h=38623997&ssrc=pt&tid=19087328&pid=102153939590&usePUB=true
- ↑ 1910 United States Federal Census; Census Place: Franklin, Adams, Ohio; Roll: T624_1150; Page: 8B; Enumeration District: 0002; FHL microfilm: 1375163
- ↑ Ancestry.com. U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2012. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/82853039/sarah-b-rowley
- ↑ 1920 United States Federal Census; Census Place: Meigs, Adams, Ohio; Roll: T625_1344; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 13
- ↑ Presbyterian Historical Society; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; U.S., Presbyterian Church Records, 1701-1907; Accession Number: 03 0321n 53A 4
- ↑ 1930 United States Federal Census 1930; Census Place: Peebles, Adams, Ohio; Page: 9A; Enumeration District: 0010; FHL microfilm: 2341480