Location: San Pietro a Maida, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy
Surnames/tags: San Pietro a Maida Italy One_Place_Studies
San Pietro a Maida, Calabria One Place Study
Welcome to the one place study for the town/commune of San Pietro a Maida, Italy. It's a small town situated in Catanzaro. It's bordered by the towns of Curinga, Jacurso, Lamezia Terme and Maida. Its history is a bit shrouded in mystery. However, the area has been settled since about 1000 AD and has gone through many different names.
In the early twentieth century, the town like most of southern Italy was impacted by a great earthquake. This led to hard times in Catanzaro and many were forced to leave for other places around the world.
Many people from the town came to the United States and created new lives for themselves and their families. Today, the town is still booming with activity and continues to grow.
The goals of this project are:
- Highlight the ancestors who came from the town,
- Provide resources for research
- Connect living descendants from these areas.
- Share the work of the group to expand interest in WikiTree
For more information, go here: http://sanpietroamaida.asmenet.it/
Here is the category for San Pietro a Maida: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Category:San_Pietro_a_Maida%2C_Catanzaro
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Chris Ferraiolo and One Place Studies Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)