Surnames/tags: Hartzell Brotzman Yeisley
Sarah Hartzell Manuscript, Abr. ed.
- By Sarah M Hartzell, who lived in Williams Township, Pennsylvania, United States. In 1935, her niece, Edith Hartzell Langzettel, began helping her collect data. The entire Manuscript has grown to over 380 pages. It is neatly typed and orderly, and covers over eight generations of the descendants of Hans Heinrich Hertzel and his son, Hans Leonard Hartzell.
- Quote from Sarah taken from the "Hartzell Forbes Letters", 29 June 1936.: "I have been asked, 'How near are your records completed?' I reply, 'My book will not be completed until I close my eyes,' and to have it put in book form will never happen as it would be a big expense, and at that it would not be perfect. But as for me I would not sell it at any price."
- Although the work was never published, a copy was made in 1972. The abbreviated edition was copied in 1991.
- Referenced in: Price, Charles H. Jr. A Hartzell-Price Family History and Genealogy. Telford, Penna.: Charles H. Price Jr., 1971. pp 30, 281.
- Quote from Charles H. Price Jr.: "I have examined the Manuscript and it is well done and covers a very large number of descendant lines with genealogical data on most of the descendants. For a while we had hoped to include it in this Hartzell Family History and Genealogy, but the work is too large to do so."
- Referenced in: Boyd, Charles A. "The Hartzell Family: From Baden to Williams". The Pastfinder: Publication of the Williams Township Historical Society. Vol. VIII, No. 3, September, 1984.
- Charles A. Boyd was an historian, genealogist, and author. He generated and contributed a large amount of genealogical information for the Williams Township Historical Society in Williams Township, Northampton, Pennsylvania. He died in the late 1980s.
- See "Langzettel Boyd Letters" for more information.
- Quote from Charles A. Boyd: "[Sarah] carefully collected the family history."
- Named Reference Example:
- First Use:
- <ref name=SHManuscript>Hartzell, Sarah Margaret and Hartzell Langzettel, Edith. ''[[Space:Sarah_Hartzell_Manuscript|Sarah Hartzell Manuscript]]'', Abr. ed. Absecon, NJ: Mary Hartzell Duran unpublished, 1991. Williams Township, Pennsylvania: Sarah Margaret Hartzell, unpublished 1953.</ref>
- Subsequent Usage:
- <ref name=SHManuscript/>
- First Use:
Available at this location:
- TC Duran will scan the pages on request.