Welcome to the Scotland Project's Medieval Profiles Team.
Team Leader: TBA
Team Purpose and Goals
The purpose of the Medieval Profiles Team is to add and improve the profiles of individuals living in Scotland during the medieval period which, for the purposes of this project, has been defined as lasting from approximately 476 (the fall of Rome) to 1500. Our goal is to make every single profile from this time period the best it can possibly be, including reliable source material and concisely written biographies. The members of this team will frequently work cooperatively with the Scotland Project's Managed Profiles, Nobility, Scottish Clans, and Arbroath teams, as well as with WikiTree's newly formed Medieval Project. The Scotland Project's Medieval Team members commit to using this managed files checklist when working on medieval project files.
Team members looking for medieval files needing improvement, please check here. We are in this for the long haul--it is a big list--but each profile we work on brings us closer to our goal.
- For suggested reliable sources, a good beginning point is WikiTree's Pre-1500 Resource Page.
- Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: an encyclopedia of territories in the Medieval and Western world and the royal and noble families which ruled them. (Foundation for Medieval Geealogy) The Kings of Scotland and Their Families.
- Scottish Family Histories available at the National Library of Scotland.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jen Hutton, Clyde Perkins, and Scotland Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)