Scotland : Project Managed Profiles (PMP) and Project Protected Profiles (PPP)
The Scotland Project manages profiles of notable Scottish people who are important to our Scottish history, and who either were born or died in Scotland or spent a large proportion of their life in Scotland. Guides to notablility are the Wikitree Notabability test or inclusion in the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. We honour these people by:
- adopting their profile if they are Wikitree orphans
- becoming co-managers if the profile already has a manager
- improving their profile with a splendid biography, sources and links
- maintaining the integrity of the profile
The Scotland Project protects the profile of an Scottish person if:
- aspects of their history are contentious, unproven or speculative.
- The biography or comments indicate that there has been dispute about:
- the identity of the person,
- key details of the person’s life, or their descendants or ancestors, or there have been previous G2G posts requesting that the profile be locked
- the profile is prone to duplication
- the Last Name at Birth (LNAB) is unstable
- the profile is at least 200 years old or notable
- the profile is a 5-Star
The Scotland Project protects a profile by:
- either adopting an orphaned profile or becoming a co-manager
- applying PPP status which locks the LNAB and the parents of the profile person
- researching the profile history using reliable sources and improving the biography if required
- encouraging and leading discussion about the profile person and their family on G2G
- maintaining the integrity of the finished profile by keeping it on our watchlist
- All PMPs will have the Scotland Project as a manager.
- Only a proportion of the PMPs will need to have PPP
The Scotland Project follows the Wikitree guidelines for project protection and Project Managed Profiles.
There are a large number of profiles with legacy Project Protection which are not managed by any project, or are managed by the Notables Team. If the Scotland Project decides to take on any of these, we will post to the profile to notify the profile managers that the Scotland Project is taking on management of the profile, and to invite them to contact the Scotland Project if they would like to discuss.
Suggest a profile for the Scotland Project to manage
- To suggest a profile for Scotland Project management (including how it meets the Project Management and or Project Protection criteria), please contact Bobbie Hall
The Scotland Project may choose to manage other profiles as agreed after discussion by the Scotland Project Leaders group and at their discretion.
Error List for the Scotland Project Profiles
See PPP and PMP errors for WikiTree-65
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Bobbie Hall and Scotland Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)