Surnames/tags: Scotland Connectors
Team Leader - TBD
The goal of the Scotland Connectors Team is to connect all Scottish profiles to the global family tree.
- Working on this maintenance category helps decrease missing links and increases chances of connections being found and made.
- Sourcing is Integral to Connecting and Genealogy in General:
- Scotland Sources Page
- Scotland Project's Resource Page
- Category for Scotland Genealogy Resources
- Scotland Genealogy Resources
- WikiTree's Unconnected Help Page
- Hints and Tips from Connectors Chat
- The England Connectors Team Page has a very helpful explanation of Connecting technique
- Unconnected Branches:
- This table is based on information from the Automated DD Unconnected List for Scotland.
- Branch Size: This is the number of profiles in this cluster. They are connected to each other but not the main tree.
- Linked Profile: This is the first profile created in the branch and is the profile listed on the DD automated unconnected list. Often, but not always, this is the WikiTreer who created the branch. This profile may not be open to edit, but others in the branch will be.
- Relative Search: This is a link to a generational list of profiles in this branch. This is the same link as the T (for Tree) after the linked profile on the Automated DD List.
- Family Names: These are surnames occurring often (usually more than 5 times) in the branch. Links should go to open profiles of that surname in the branch.
- Scottish Locations: These are commonly occurring Scottish locations of birth and death within the branch.
- Team Member(s): This spot is for the names of Team Members who are actively working on the branch
- Notes: communications and useful information about the branch
|Branch Size||Linked Profile||Relative Search||Surnames||Scottish Locations||Team Member(s)||Notes|
|225||Janet (McGregor) Adam||Tree||McGregor, Forrest, Adam, Watson, Gibson, Weir, Nicol, Paton, Romanis, Aitken||Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, Perthshire, West Lothian||Sarah Mason||most of this branch is located in Scotland|
|223||Margaret H Doyle||Tree||Stevenson, Maxwell, Sutherland, Sloan, Bruce, Donaldson, Wand||Stirlingshire, Perthshire, Fife, Kinross, Renfrewshire, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Dunbartonshire||Several Finegan profiles from County Monaghan, Ireland|
|209||John Reid||Tree||Reid, Baxter, Gordon, White, Harrower, MacNeil, Lennox, Pitcairn, McIlvride, Wilson||Fife, Lanarkshire, Perthshire, Midlothian, Ayrshire||A large number of these profiles are in Fife|