This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about one surname and the variants of that name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect. Please contact the project leader, add categories to your profiles, add your questions to the bulletin board, add details of your name research, etc.
The von Semlow family can be found as early as the 13th century in the city of Stralsund. Several male members were councillors and mayors of the city. Stralsund was during that time part of Swedish Pomerania
Mayors and Councillors of Stralsund
- 1256-1279 Johann von Semlow
- 1278-1287 Ludwig von Semlow
- 1287-1303 Gerwin von Semlow
- 1316-1325 Heinrich von Semlow
- 1328-? Henso von Semlow
- 1338-1349 Didrich von Semlow
- 1303-1320 Gerwin von Semlow
- 1325-1327 Heinrich von Semlow
Semlowerstrasse is a street in Stralsund named after the family. At one end of the street, towards the sea, was Semlower Tor, one of the city gates. It was first opened in 1277 and was 13.30 meters wide, 17 meders deep and 22.65 meters high. It was the highest of the Stralsund city gates. The gate was damaged during World War II but a part of the gate can still be seen as part of the more modern buildings standing in its place.
- Stralsundwiki.de on Gerwin von Semlow
- Stralsundwiki.de on Semlowerstrasse
- Wikipedia: Liste der Bürgermeister und Oberbürgermeister von Stralsund
- Arnold Brandenburg, Geschichte des Magistrates der Stadt Stralsund, besonders in frühere Zeit: nebst einem Verzeichnisse der Mitglieder desselben ... Mit einen Ansicht des Rathhauses vom Jahre 1316
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Lena Svensson. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)