Surnames/tags: Sensing Sansing, Sainsing Saintsing
About the Project
The Sensing Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Sensing name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Sensing name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual team studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Sensings), by time period (18th Century Sensings), or by topic (Sensing DNA, Sensing Occupations, SensingStatistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Sensing Name Study, first start out by browsing our current teams to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Teams / Research Pages
It is suggested that the Saintsing/Sensing name comes from a town in France called Saint-Saëns. 
- James Saintsing was born in 1680 in France. He had one son in 1705. He died in North Carolina. Granville County Township: Early Tax List Year: 1755 Database: NC Early Census Index. 8th great-grandfather
- James Saintsing 1705–1768 BIRTH 1705 • France DEATH JUN 1768 • Bute, North Carolina. 7th great-grandfather
- James Saintsing 1731–1790 BIRTH 1731 • North Carolina DEATH 1790 • North Carolina6th great-grandfather
- John Sensing 1760–1838 BIRTH 1760 • Warren, North Carolina DEATH 1838 •Dickson, Tennessee. 5th great-grandfather
- Archibald Sensing 1790–1875 BIRTH 10 JUN 1790 Warren County, North Carolina,
DEATH 20 NOV 1875 Charlotte, Dickson County, Tennessee.4th great-grandfather
- John Peterson Sensing 1819–1898 BIRTH 13 SEP 1819 • Dickson, Tennessee
DEATH 17 JUN 1898 • Clarksville, Montgomery, Tennessee. 3rd great-grandfather
- John Robert Sensing 1855–1938 BIRTH 14 NOV 1855 • Montgomery County, Tennessee DEATH 07 FEB 1938 Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee.2nd great-grandfather
- Robert C. Sensing 1887–1917 BIRTH 27 JULY 1887 • Clarksville, Tennessee DEATH 06 MAY 1917 • Henderson County, Kentucky. Great-grandfather
- Russell Robert Sensing Sr. 1909–1960 BIRTH 14 MAY 1909 • Nashville, Davidson, Tennessee. DEATH 23 SEP 1960 • North Hollywood, California, Los Angeles County. Grandfather
- Example: Name - I am interested in the Sensings of Europe during the 18th Century. I am hoping that this research will help me break down one of my brick walls!
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Name Meaning
- Spelling Variations
- Triangular DNA Matches
Everyone is welcome... Please, Don't be shy!
Our Saintsing and Sensing Records show the family in North Carolina in the Mid 1750s and some families migrated to various counties in Tennessee, namely, Montgomery and Dickson Counties in the early 1800s.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree, Barbara Jones, and Robin Coles. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)