These are research notes. The relationships have not yet been proven.
William Forbes, then of Leavenworth, Kansas, enlisted for Civil War 02 August 1862 at the age of 29 (thus b. 1833; might he have been ae 19?); census of 1880 reports him aged 38 b. c1842; 1900 census reports William b. Sept 1847, aged 52. In the census of 1910 he was aged 64, thus b. c1846.
Military Records of Individual Civil War Soldiers. Data compiled by Historical Data Systems of Kingston, MA Copyright 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 - Historical Data Systems Inc.P.O. Box 196 Kingston MA 02364. Database online (subscription), search engine at www. ancestry.com
Year: 1880; Census Place: Leavenworth, Leavenworth, Kansas; Roll: T9_386; Family History Film: 1254386; Page: 304.1000; Enumeration District: 159; Image: 0210. 4 June 1880 Dwelling 126; Family 124
- Forbes, W. G., W M, age 38, --, married, occ: carpenter, b. NY/NY/NY
- " Emma, W F, age 24, wife, married, keeping house, b. OH/MI/PA
- " Jessie E. W F, age 9, dau., at home, b. (see note)
- " Carrie S., W F, age 4, dau., at home, b. (see note)
- Note: As to the birthplace and birth place of parents: For Jessie, the entry reads, ditto, ditto, ditto; For Carrie the entry reads, ||worth, Kas.
Year: 1900; Census Place: Leavenworth Ward 6, Leavenworth, Kansas; Roll: T623 486; Page: 13A; Enumeration District: 102. 8 June 1900 1302 Grand Ave Dwelling 261; Family 263
- Forbes, William G., head, W M, b. Sept 1847, age 52, married 25 years, b. NY/NY/NY, occ: carpenter, owns home, has mortgage, is a home
- " Emma, wife, W F, b. Sept 1857, age 42 married 25 years, has had 10 children/8 survive; b. OH/MI/PA
- " Jessie, dau., W F, b. Sept 1877, age 22, single, b. OH/NY/OH
- " Carrie L., dau., W F, b. Aug 1879, age 20, single, b. KS/NY/OH
- " Pearl, dau., W F, b. Apr 1880, age 19, single, b. KS/NY/OH
- " Alma, dau., W F, b. Jan 1884, age 16, single, b. KS/NY/OH
- " Nettie, dau., W F, b. Oct 1885, age 14, single, b. KS/NY/OH
- " Charley, son, W M, b. Jan 1886, age 14, single, b. KS/NY/OH
- " Gladys, dau., W F, b. July 1889, age 10, single, b. KS/NY/OH
- " Dorothy, dau., W F, b. May 1896, age 4, single, b. KS/NY/OH
- Note: Jessies birth location seems suspect; as does the dob for either or both Nettie and Charlie (only 3 mos apart).
Year: 1910; Census Place: Kansas City Ward 5, Jackson, Missouri; Roll: T624_786; Page: 9A; Enumeration District: 63; Image: 159. 22 April 1910 3932 Genesee Street Dwelling ???; Family 226
- Forbes, William, head, M W, age 64 , married 2, 33 years, b. NY/NY/NY, occ: carpenter/house
- " Emma, wife, F W, age 53, married 1, 33 years, has had nine children/six survive, b. OH/MI/PA
- " J. Alma, dau., F W, age 27, single, b. KS/NY/OH
- " Gladys, dau., F W, age 20, single, b. KS/NY/OH
- " Dorothy, dau., F W, age 13, single, b. KS/NY/OH
- Note: very difficult to read (faint)
From: "John O'Brien" Subject: [KansasCity] Emma S. FORBES d. 25 May 1916 - Kansas City, MO Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 00:03:02 -0600 References: FORBES, HURD, LEIBFRIED, McMULLIN, NIXON, STARK "The Kansas City Times" (Missouri) Friday, May 26, 1916 DEATHS IN KANSAS CITY. Mrs. Emma S. FORBES, wife of William G. FORBES, died yesterday at her home, 1406 East Thirty-seventh Street. She was 59 years old. Besides her husband, she is survived by five daughters, Mrs. H. B. HURD of the home, Mrs. Fred NIXON, St. Joseph; Mrs. W. H. STARK, Sugar Creek; Mrs. G. B. McMULLIN, 705 East Forty-first Street, and Mrs. H. G. LEIBFRIED, 1807 East Twenty-ninth Street. The funeral will be private at the home at 2:30 o'clock this afternoon. Burial in Elmwood Cemetery.
Mrs. G. B. McMULLIN, 705 East Forty-first Street,
= George B and Ellen B. (1852, New York = Jessie)
Mrs. H. G. LEIBFRIED, 1807 East Twenty-ninth Street.
= Harry G and Nettie L.
Mrs. Fred NIXON, St. Joseph;
= Fred Nixon
= Carry G. Nixon
Mrs. W. H. STARK, Sugar Creek; = Gladys/Warren H. Stark (1930, have son Warren 4.5
Mrs. H. B. HURD of the home,
WWI - Warren Henry Stark; RR Mt. Washington, Missouri; age: 43, dob Sept 30 1875; Native Born; Rt 1, Mt. Washington, MO; Salesman, Standard Oil Co., Sugar Creek, Jackson Co., MO; Nearest Relative: Gladys Stark, Rt 1, Mt. Washington, MO' Tall and stout, blue eyes and dark hair; Dated Sept 12, 1918 at Independence, Jackson Co., MO
WWII - U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 Record; Name: Warren G Stark; Birth Year: 1920 ; Race: White, citizen; Nativity State or Country: Missouri; State: Missouri; ounty or City: Putnam
- Enlistment Date: 30 Jun 1945
- Enlistment State: Kansas
- Enlistment City: Fort Levenworth
- Branch: No branch assignment
- Branch Code: No branch assignment
- Grade: Private
- Grade Code: Private
- Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
- Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men)
- Source: Civil Life
- Education: 3 years of high school
- Civil Occupation: Geographer
- Marital Status: Married
- Height: 00; Weight: 000
Year: 1920;Census Place: Blue, Jackson, Missouri; Roll: T625_923; Page: 20B; Enumeration District: 286; Image: 182. 28 Jan 1920 Independence
- Stark, W. H., head, owns home, free of mortgagae, M W, age 41, married, b. MO/KY/KY, occ: salesman/oil refinery
:" Gladys, wife, F W, age 28, married, b. KS/NY/OH
Year: 1930; Census Place: Blue, Jackson, Missouri; Roll: 1192; Page: 9A; Enumeration District: 242; Image: 561.0.11 Apr 1930 Dwelling 173; Family 204 1225 N. River Road
- Stark, Warren H. (no radio), M W, age 50, married first at 36, b. MO/WV/WV, occ: Transportation??Dept/Oil Refinery
- " Gladys, wife, F W, age 39, married first at 25, b. KS/NY/OH,
- " Warren, son, M W, age 4-9/12, b. MO/MO/KS
Sexton James_son of Wm.txt
Can this be proven?
m(1) ___ ; daughter Hope m. William G. Turner.
m(2) Fannie Davis;
- daughter Marguerite Elizabeth Sexton, m. Dr. Charles Mullen, D.D.S. have son James.
- _____ Sexton, b. 1891
- Lucile Anita Sexton, m. Laurence Maurice Bub (at least two ch.)
- Doris May Sexton, b. Feb 1896
- Ruth A. Sexton, b. Feb 1895
- William T. Sexton, b 3 Sept 1901, m. Maude; m. Mary W.
- Theordore Lawson Sexton, b. c1904, m. Mary Ellen Carroll
Year: 1900; Census Place: Leavenworth Ward 2, Leavenworth, Kansas; Roll: T623 486; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 93. 2 June 1900 410 Delaware Street Dwelling 27; Family 28
- Sexton, James W., head, W M, b. Nov 1858, age 41, married 12 years b. OH/MI/PA, occ: undertaker/propr.
- " Fannie, wife , W F, b. Oct 1863, age 36, married 12 years, has had six children, five survive, b. KS/KY/KY
- " Hope, dau., W F, b. Mch 1884, age 16, single, b. KS/OH/KS, at school
- " Marguarite E., dau., W F, b. Aug 1889, age 10, single, b. KS/OH/KS, at school
- " Lucile A. dau., W F, b. Nov 1893, age 6, single, b. KS/OH/KS,
- " Doris M., W F, b. Feb 1896, age 4, b. KS/OH/KS
- " Ruth A., W F, b. Jun 1898, age 1, b. KS/OH/KS
Year: 1910; Census Place: Leavenworth Ward 6, Leavenworth, Kansas; Roll: T624_444; Page: 5B; Enumeration District: 104; Image: 1325. 21 April 1910 Fifth Avenue Dwelling 110; Family 112
- Sexton, James W., M W, age 51, married (2), 21 years, b. OH/OH/MI, occ: undertaker/own shop
- " Fannie, wife, F W, age 46, married (1), 21 years, has had seven children, four survive, b. KS/KY/KY
- " Marguarite, dau., F W, age 20 single, b. KS/OH/KS
- " Lucille A., dau., F W, age 16, dau., single, b. KS/OH/KS
- " William T. (or William J.), son, M W, age 8, single, b. KS/OH/KS, attends school
- " Theadore L., son, M W, age 5, single, b. KS/OH/KS, attends school
- LEIBFRIED, HARRY FORBES
- Social Security #: 0
- Sex: MALE
- Birth Date: 14 Jul 1907
- Birthplace: MISSOURI
- Death Date: 9 Dec 1952
- Death Place: IMPERIAL
- Mother's Maiden Name: FORBES
- Father's Surname: LEIBFRIED
- Name: Harry Grover Leibfried
- City: Kansas City
- County: Jackson
- State: Missouri
- Birth Date: 5 Jun 1885
- Race: White
- Roll: 1683385
- DraftBoard: 12
- Address 3129 Wayne, Kansas City, MO
- age: 33, dob 5 Jun 1885
- Medium Hgt; Medium Bld; Brown eyes; black hair
- No disability
- Empl Kan. Dist Manager, Oliver chilled Plow Co.
- 11th & Hickory, Kansas Ciy, MO
- Nearest Relative, Mrs. Nettie L. Leibfried, at address above.
- Dated 12 Sept 1918 at Kansas City
William and Emma (Sexton) Forbes had dau. who married m. Fred Nixon of St. Joseph, as per obituary of Emma (Sexton) Forbes dtd 1916.
Was this dau. Carrie?
Carrie and Fred Nixon were reported living: 1910: Year: 1910; Census Place: Kansas City Ward 5, Jackson, Missouri; Roll: T624_786; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 60; Image: 67. 1920: Year: 1920;Census Place: Clay Center, Clay, Kansas; Roll: T625_527; Page: 12B; Enumeration District: 4; Image: 199 1112 ???? Dwelling 552; Family 562
Fred is presumed the man at Leavenworth Ward 4, Leavnworth, Kansas, aged 20 at 1900 a boarder living with the Duke family; therein, Fred b. Jun 1879. (1 June 1900)
Sandra Watts  reports that Fred, son of Elias Haynes and Elizabeth (Noel) Nixon married Lucy Caroline Forbes (aka Carrie Forbes) on 19 Jun 1907. Her research reports that Carrie was b. 7 Aug 1878 at Leavenworth Co., Kansas and d. 30 Aug 1969 Further, that Fred Nixon was b. 27 Jun 1879 near Pekin, Illinois and died 25 Jul 1971.
SSDI reports one Fred Nixon b. 7 Aug 1879 dec'd July 1971 Fred Nixon ; SSN: 497-36-5494 Last Residence: 64131 Kansas City, Jackson, Missouri Born: 7 Aug 1879 ; Died: Jul 1971 State (Year) SSN issued: Missouri (1951-1952 )
CONFLICTS: Are these stats about one man or two? WWI Draft Registration reports his dob as 27 Jun 1879; in the 1900 census, his dob called out as Aug 1879; SSDI reports dob as 7 Aug 1879.
Who's this Fred?----- The Perry Mirror Thursday, March 8, 1956
- Samuel J. Nixon.
- Samuel J. NIXON, 80, died March 4 at his farm home near Nortonville from a heart attack. He was bron in Pekin, Ill., and had lived on the farm where he died for 52 years.
- Mr. Nixon is survived by three sons, Lester and Frank Nixon, both of Nortonville; and Cephas Nixon, Blue Mound; a daughter, Mrs. W.E. JONES, Winchester; three sisters, Mrs. Emma ACKLEY, Nortonville; Mrs. Herman CLARK, Winchester, and Mrs. Fannie LILLIE, Topeka; and three brothers, John Nixon, Winchester, Ben Nixon, Rocky Ford, Colo., and Fred Nixon, Kansas City, Mo.
- Laird, Jim, "Obit: NIXON; March 8, 1956; Jefferson." KS-FOOTSTEPS-L Archives. Posting dated 17 Jul 2003. Online, see:http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/ks-footsteps/2003-07/1058482041
 Watts, Sandra, compiler, "WattsShahan3/2001." WorldConnect (Entries: 465; Updated: Sat Aug 25 2001) Therein: ID: I61960250 ; Name: Fred NIXON ; Birth: 27 Jun 1879 in Vicinity of Pekin,Illinois ; Death: 25 Jul 1971 ;
Year: 1910; Census Place: Kansas City Ward 5, Jackson, Missouri; Roll: T624_786; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 60; Image: 67. (Image Missing) Name Age Fred Nixon 30 Carry G Nixon 29 Name: Carry G Nixon Age in 1910: 29 Estimated birth year: abt 1881 Birthplace: Kansas Relation to Head of House: Wife Father's Birth Place: New York Mother's Birth Place: Ohio Spouse's Name: Fred Home in 1910: Kansas City Ward 5, Jackson, Missouri Marital Status: Married Race: Indian Gender: Female Neighbors: View others on page
1910 United States Federal Census Record about Fred Nixon Name: Fred Nixon Age in 1910: 30 Estimated birth year: abt 1880[abt 1877] Birthplace: Illinois Relation to Head of House: Head Father's Birth Place: Illinois Mother's Birth Place: Indiana Spouse's Name: Carry G Home in 1910: Kansas City Ward 5, Jackson, Missouri Marital Status: Married Race: Indian[White] Gender: Male
Year: 1920;Census Place: Clay Center, Clay, Kansas; Roll: T625_527; Page: 12B; Enumeration District: 4; Image: 199 1112 ???? Dwelling 552; Family 562
- Nixon, Fred, head, age 40, married 1, b. IL/IN/IL, occ: traveling salesman/dry goods
- " Carrie, F W, age 38, b. KS/NY/OH
Year: 1930; Census Place: Kansas City, Jackson, Missouri; Roll: 1203; Page: 90B; Enumeration District: 231; Image: 184.0.
Watts, Sandra, compiler, "WattsShahan3/2001." WorldConnect (Entries: 465; Updated: Sat Aug 25 2001) ID: I61960250 ; Name: Fred NIXON ; Birth: 27 Jun 1879 in Vicinity of Pekin,Illinois ; Death: 25 Jul 1971 ;
- Father: Elias Haynes NIXON b: 10 Aug 1829 in Wayne Co,Indiana
- Mother: Elizabeth NOEL b: 6 Jun 1843
- Marriage 1 Lucy Caroline FORBES b: 7 Aug 1878 in Leavenworth,Kansas
- Married: 19 Jun 1907
- Children: Frederick W NIXON b: 19 Oct 1914 in Adopted May 7 1923
ID: I61960251; Name: Lucy Caroline FORBES
- Birth: 7 Aug 1878 in Leavenworth,Kansas
- Death: 30 Aug 1969
- Note: Nickname: Carrie
- Marriage 1 Fred NIXON b: 27 Jun 1879 in Vicinity of Pekin,Illinois
- Married: 19 Jun 1907
- Children: Frederick W NIXON b: 19 Oct 1914 in Adopted May 7 1923
ID: I61960252 ; Name: Frederick W NIXON
- Birth: 19 Oct 1914 in Adopted May 7 1923
- Death: Oct 1977
- Father: Fred NIXON b: 27 Jun 1879 in Vicinity of Pekin,Illinois
- Mother: Lucy Caroline FORBES b: 7 Aug 1878 in Leavenworth,Kansas
- Marriage 1 Alice Irene RERRY
- Marriage 2 Ruth BARR
- Living NIXON