About the Project
The Shelley Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Shelley name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Shelley name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual team studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Shelley's), by time period (18th Century Shelley's), or by topic (Shelley DNA, Shelley Occupations, Shelley Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the SURNAME Name Study, first start out by browsing our current teams and research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team/research page, and then dive right in!
If a team or research page does not yet exist for your particular area of interest, please contact the Name Study Coordinator: Richard Shelley for assistance.
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
- Australia, Shelley Name Study
- Italy, Shelley Name Study
- New Zealand, Shelley Name Study
- England, Shelley Name Study
- United States, Shelley Name Study
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- None identified
- Help with establishing an ONS... Feb 19, 2017.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Richard Shelley. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)