Surnames/tags: Shipping Categorisation
Purpose of the Free Space
This fee space is to enable discussion on the use and hierarchy of Shipping, Ships, Sailings, country/ port arrivals / departures and their subcategories.
Current Categorisation Heirarchy
- Category:Shipping|Shipping currently is a subcategory of Australia, Immigration
It has the following subcategories:
- ship names (e.g. Hope, Arrived 29 Jan 1842 and Hope, Arrived 17 Aug 1842 which is really a duplicate and should be merged.
- Sailings eg Prince Regent , sailed 8 April 1849
- State Shipping Service of Western Australia which has subcategories for some of the Ships.
I would have thought Shipping should be a high level category. It should not be a subcategory under Australia as it belongs to all countries. (Smith-129141 07:35, 12 March 2018 (EDT))
Options for Standardised Categorisation
Have Shipping as a top level category. Subcategories could be:
- (country name): These would then have subcategories
* Shipping to (Country Name) * (Government entity) shipping companies (eg State Shipping Company of Western Australia)
Under each of these categories would be a category for each Ship and then subcategories for each Ship would detail each sailing.
I would love to hear your thoughts.