Surnames/tags: Shorney shorny
How to Participate
Please contact the Study's coordinator Steph Meredith or post a comment at the foot of the page. If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!
This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about one surname and the variants of that name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect.
All categories can be found here: https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Category:Shorney_Name_Study
- find Famous and/Notable Shorneys
Meaning and Origin
- From the Flemish, Schournoy; a personal name. The surname is most frequently held in England, where it is borne by 311 people, or 1 in 179,158. In England Shorney is mostly concentrated in: Somerset, where 15 percent reside, Hampshire, where 14 percent reside and West Midlands, where 11 percent reside. Outside of England Shorney occurs in 12 countries. It also occurs in The United States, where 20 percent reside and Wales, where 14 percent reside. Seems from research that they Started off in Cannington, Somerset
SHORNEY Genealogy | WikiTree FREE Family Tree Are your SHORNEY ancestors on WikiTree yet? Search 592 then share your genealogy and compare DNA to grow an accurate global family tree that's free forever.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Steph Meredith, One Name Studies WikiTree, Belynda Puddy, and Lyndsey Puddy. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)