Location: Shasta, California, United States
Surnames/tags: central_valley_cemetery Silverthorn
The Silverthorn Cemetery, originally located on land donated by entrepreneur/miner and colonizer Dr. George Silverthorne, was one of many flooded when Shasta Dam was completed and Shasta Lake filled. The graves there were reinterred at Central Valley Cemetery, now in Shasta Lake, California.
The following is a list of known reinterred graves from the Silverthorn site, originally located near the Silverthorn Ferry on the Pit River by Copper City. Some sources describe it as an exclusively Native American burial ground (with the exception of Silverthorne himself; he married a native woman Lucy). 
- Crooks, James
- Crooks, Nina (Gregory), b. 1868 d. 12 Dec 1907. Note: "wf of James; dau of Mary Silverthorn"
- Elmore, Donald C., d. 7 Nov 1913. Note: "son of William"
- Gomez, Henry E., b. 1888 d. 2 Feb 1936. Note: "hus of Lena Gregory"
- Gomez, Sylvia Bell
- Gregory, Robert, b. 1883 d. 4 Jun 1918 (same as twins - needs verified)
- Gregory, Dick, b. and d. 4 Jun 1918. Note: "twin"
- Gregory, Jerry, b. and d. 4 Jun 1918. Note: "twin"
- Hawkins, Nancy
- Jackson, Cecil. Note: "hus of Molly"
- Jackson, Irene, d. 9 Jun 1913
- Jackson, Molly
- Miller, George, b. 28 May 1872 d. 9 Dec 1929. Note: "hus of Martha Silverthorn"
- Miller, Georgia A., b. 27 Nov 1926 d. 27 Nov 1926. Note: "dau of George and Martha"
- Miller, Harold, b. 6 Jun 1929 d. 9 Jun 1929. Note: "son of George and Martha"
- Popejoy, Jean Patricia
- Popejoy, infant
- Popejoy, R. A.
- Popejoy, Richard R.
- Randall, Mary (Silverthorn, Gregory), b. 14 Jun 1859 d. 4 Nov 1936
- Reading, John
- Reed, Edward b. 27 May 1915 d. 4 Nov 1936
- Reed, Elsie (Silverthorn), b. 4 Jun 1897 d. 6 Dec 1943
- Reed, Mike, d. 17 May 1907
- Silverthorn, Dr. George, b. 1816 d. 29 Jan 1894. Note: "b. ENG; hus of Lucy"
- Silverthorn, Lucy d. 8 Dec 1910
- Silverthorn, Sandy, b. 2 Sep 1892 d. 26 Dec. 1918
- Silverthorn, Tillie
- Silverthorn, William Jr., b. 20 Aug 1864 d. 1 Jan 1918
- Whitaker, Mrs. d. 4 Jun 1905
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)