Surnames/tags: Hadley Stanfield Dixon
Simon Hadley's family
(based on his 1755 will)
Simon Hadley. Yeoman. Mill Crk. Hd.
- Written Nov. 3, 1755.
- Recorded Feb. 17, 1756.
- Phebe Hadley (wife)
Children, their spouses, and their children (Simon Hadley's grandchildren) mentioned in his will:
- son Joshua Hadley
- grandson Simon Hadley
- grandson, Jeremiah
- granddaughter Ruth Marshill, wife to John Marshill
- grandson Thomas Hadley
- granddaughter Sarah Fred, wife to Joseph Fred
- granddaughter Mary Hadley
- grandson Joshua Hadley, Jr.,
- grandson Joseph Hadley, Jr. [sic]
- granddaughter Deborah Hadley
- granddaughter Hannah Hadley
- granddaughter Catheren Hadley
- son, Joseph Hadley
- daughter, Ann, widow of Richard Gregg
- daughter, Hannah Stanfield, widow to John Stanfield
- daughter, Ruth Linly, wife to Thomas Linly
Other relations named in will:
- Nephew, Thomas Keran
- his wife Phoebe (Grubb) Hadley’s children:
Exc. grandson-in-law, James Thomson
Friend, Daniel Nickols
Overseers, Benjamin Swett, Samuel Gregg.
Note on Curle
- Abstract has "(This name is either Earle or Carl.)" Transcription of will has "Curle". I went with "Curle", based on online information, including this Rootsweb post and Delaware Roots, which has:
- Samuel CURLE, son of Richard of Mill Creek Hd., NCC, dec'd., and Hannah HADLEY, daughter of Joseph of Mill Creek Hd. 26-8-1748 at Hockessin Meeting.
- See also RootsWeb entry for Samuel Curle.
- The abstract of Simon's will is from A calendar of Delaware wills, New Castle County, 1682-1800, By National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Delaware. Historical Research Committee (available online at Google books).
- The transcript of Simon's will available online was posted by Billie E. Walsh.
below is the previously posted version (in the format of the abstract from A calendar of Delaware wills, New Castle County, 1682-1800).
Simon Hadley. Yeoman. Mill Crk. Hd. Nov. 3, 1755. Feb. 17, 1756. Misc.I.218. Wife, Phebe Hadley; grandson, Simon Hadley, son of my son, Joshua Hadley; grandson, Jeremiah, son of said Joshua; grandson, Simon Johnson, son of Robert Johnson; grandson, John Hadley, son of my son, Joseph Hadley; grandson, Simon Gregg, son of Richard Gregg, deceased, and my dau., Ann, his wife; dau., Deborah Howel, wife to Jacob Howel; daughter, Hannah Stanfield, widow to John Stanfield; dau., Ruth Linly, wife to Thomas Linly; dau., Katheren Johnson, wife to Robert Johnson; my grandchildren, children of my son, Joseph, namely: Elizabeth Thomson, wife to James Thomson; Deborah Curle, wife to John Curle, and Hannah Curle, wife to Samuel Curle.* My grandchildren, children of my son Joshua, namely: Ruth Marshill, wife to John Marshill; Thomas Hadley; Sarah Fred, wife to Joseph Fred; Mary Hadley, Jeremiah Hadley, Joshua Hadley, Jr., Joseph Hadley, Jr., Deborah Hadley, Hannah Hadley and Catheren Hadley. My grandchildren, children of my dau., Hannah, widow of John Stanfield, namely: Simon Dixson; Rebecca, wife of William Marshill; Ruth Dixson, John Stanfield, Jr., Thomas Stanfield, and Samuel Stanfield. My grandchildren, children of my dau., Ruth, wife to Thomas Linly, namely: Catheren, James, Simon, Ruth, Jr., Thomas, Jr., Linly, and John Linly. My grandchildren, children of my dau., Anne, widow of Richard Gregg, namely: Sarah Smith, alias Gregg, Jacob, William, Miriam, Deborah, and Phoebe. Nephew, Thomas Keran; [ Simon's ] said wife’s children, John Buffington, Richard Buffington, Phoebe Wall, Peter Buffington, Isaac Buffington, Joseph Buffington. Exc. grandson-in-law, James Thomson; friend, Daniel Nickols. Overseers, Benjamin Swett, Samuel Gregg.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 27 Feb 2018 at 18:33 GMT Liz (Noland) Shifflett wrote: