Location: Skelmanthorpe, West Yorkshire
Surnames/tags: Skelmanthorpe One_Place_Studies Yorkshire
Skelmanthorpe, Yorkshire One Place Study
The goal of this project is to find out the people living in Skelmanthorpe and begin to link their lives to their place. Since Skelmanthorpe is a big place I am going to start on one hamlet - Park Gate which had a total of 150 inhabitants and look at their history from 1851 to 1911. Later I will begin to move to Skelmanthorpe as a whole with a population of 3500 in 1881.
Right now this project just has one member, me. I am John Ryden.
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- Transcribing the 1881 Census entries for the 3000 people living in Skelmanthorpe in 1881
- Mapping and studying the physical space they occupied
- Linking their lives to the events occurring in the village at this time.
Will you join me? Please post a comment here on this page, in G2G using the project tag, or send me a private message. Thanks!
- Continent: Europe
- Sovereign State: United Kingdom
- Country England
- County: Yorkshire
- GPS Coordinates: 53.5908, -1.64915
- Jodie Whittaker (Whittaker-3430), the 13th Doctor on the show, Doctor Who
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Place Studies Project WikiTree and John Ryden. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)