Location: Slattadale, Gairloch, Ross-shire, Scotland
|Location of Slattadale in the parish of Gairloch, Ross-shire, Scotland. DMS coordinates 57°41'14"N, 5°32'45"W. Composite image created from Ordnance Survey One-inch-to-the-mile maps of Scotland, 1st edition, sheets 91 and 92 (surveyed c.1874-1875; published 1881 and 1882). Reproduced under Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) licence, with permission of the National Library of Scotland.|
Slattadale was described in the Ordnance Survey Name Book covering the civil parish of Gairloch as follows:
"Slattadale (Ang [Anglicised]) [...] Applies to a good substantial farm-house with outbuildings &c. attached, situate on the E. [East] side of the County Road about 3 miles from "Talladale" & 5 miles from Gairloch."
[Source: Ordnance Survey, “Name Books, Ross and Cromarty, 1848-1852,” Ms, volume 39, page 150, held by National Records of Scotland, Edinburgh; ScotlandsPlaces (https://www.scotlandsplaces.gov.uk : accessed 18 October 2020), database with images, entry for Slattadale, Parish of Gairloch, citing reference no. OS1/28/39/150.]
Roderick Fraser (abt.1768-1857) and his wife, Mary McLean (abt.1783-1869), were recorded at Slattadale in baptismal record of their oldest son, Colin Fraser (abt.1807-1889). The Fraser family seem to have been there until they moved to nearby Talladale around 1826, when their son John Fraser (1826-1847) was baptised.