How to Join
Please contact the project. If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!
This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about the Slone surname from South Eastern Kentucky for now,mainly Knott and Floyd at the beginning. Hopefully to expand to other regions soon. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect.
The Slone name is distinctive of itself,there are many variations but my interest is only with the spelling Slone. It has been transcribed as Sloan,Slon,Slom,Slome,Sloan,Sloame,and replace the S with an F and you get many more varieties,Sling?(not sure how that one happened) but consistently throughout my lines it has been Slone on records,family histories,tombstones and bibles.
- Find the immigration points
- Identify and confirm the lines of the 4 sons of Mary Alice Unknown/Slone? Slone.
- Identify and confirm the lines of the 4 step/sons or more of William Hiram Slone.
- Identify and confirm the lines of the parents and siblings of William Hiram Slone.
- Find Mary's parents and any possible siblings.
- Converse and compare DNA results with known Slone descendants.