Smith Mills Meetinghouse

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: 1845 to 1996
Location: 1845 to 1996: Kempton Street (State Road/Route 6), Village of Smith Mills; 1996 to Current: Woolman Hill, a Quaker center for study in Deerfield, Massachusetts.map
Surnames/tags: Quaker Religion Massachusetts
Profile manager: Eunice Pender private message [send private message]
This page has been accessed 278 times.

Built around 1845 when the prominent Tucker family led a faction of Quakers called the Wilburites Wilbore-239 to break away from the New England Yearly Meeting.

In 1996, after 151 years, the landmark Smith Mills Quaker Meeting House Dartmouth Monthly Meeting was dismantled and moved to Deerfield in western Massachusetts.

It was one of the last historical icons from the Village of Smith Mills in the northern section of the Town of Dartmouth.[1]


  1. Chronicle


Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Massachusetts Historical Commission, Inventory No. DAR.83; [1]

  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.