Location: South Carolina
Surnames/tags: Adoption Adoption_Angels South Carolina
South Carolina is not an "open state" as of 2015, "an adult adoptee can not get an original birth certificate."
Original birth certificate
Non Identifying Information
Third Party Agencies
(adoption agencies, orphanages, intermediaries)
Additional Local Resources
- Birth Certificates $
- County Vital Records Offices $
- Marriage Records July 1950 to November 2009 $
- Marriage Records prior July 1950 and after November 2009 $
- Family Search
Birth Certificates have only officially been issued in South Carolina since January 1, 1915. County Public health offices will issue a 'short form" card for births as well, but the long form from the state would be the most helpful.
Marriages were not recorded by the state of SC until July of 1950 and are not recorded by the state after November 2009. Check with the County Probate Judge for all other Marriage certificates.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)