Scan-a-Thon is a 72-hour scanning marathon starting Friday morning, January 11, at 8 AM (ET) and ending Monday, January 14, at 8 AM (ET). That would be 15.00 in Finland and 14.00 in the other Scandinavian countries.
Our goal is to scan and upload photos and other items such as letters, postcards, ephemera, funeral cards, and primary documents.
Spic-n-Span Scandinavians will be doing it for the sake of preserving our family history and enriching our ancestors' profiles, not competing.
You need to register in advance by posting an answer here. Please mention that you would like to join the Spic-n-Span Scandinavians team.
- We will be scanning original photos and documents. Do not download from the internet.
- Images should only be uploaded once. If there is more than one person in a photo, identify the additional people on the image edit page after uploading it.
- Image size is restricted to 10MB.
- Only 10 images per profile will count.
- The only images that will count are those uploaded to Public and Open profiles. Private images will not be counted.
See also Help:Scan-a-Thon
Always respect copyrights
Here you can follow what is being uploaded to WikiTree.
Here you can follow individual and team totals.
A sticker to use to commemorate your participation in the Scan-a-Thons on WikiTree.
To use, add
Which will produce:
team= The team you participated with. Everyone was in a team in order to be part of the Thon.
year= The year the Scan-a-Thon took place.
items= How many items you uploaded.
extra= If you want to add more to the sticker, such as the total number you team contributed, you can add the "extra" parameter, and put in a sentence such as "Team Tulip uploaded 5000 photos total and was the top scanning team."
- Spic-n-Span Scandinavians team chat Jan 8, 2019.