upload image

St Comb's, Aberdeenshire

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: [unknown]
This page has been accessed 94 times.

St. Comb's

St. Combs is a small fishing village in Aberdeenshire, immediately southwest of Inverallochy, near Fraserburgh, which has existed since at least the 17th Century. It takes its name from a church to St Colm or Columba that used to exist in the area.

There is considerable evidence of local habitation by early man in and around St. Combs. Somewhat to the southwest lies the Catto Long Barrow and a number of tumuli (burial mounds).

St. Combs railway station opened in 1903 and closed in 1965. It was the terminus of a short branch line from Fraserburgh. [[1]]





Collaboration
  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)


Comments

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.