Location: Bovingdon, Hertfordshire, England
Surnames/tags: Cemeteries Hertfordshire
This is a free-space page to record the interments and history of the churchyard in Bovingdon, Hertfordshire.
St Lawrence Churchyard
The churchyard surrounding St Lawrence church is over 4.5 acres in size, and has over 1700 known graves. It is believed that many thousands of local people have been buried here through the centuries as there has been a church or chapel on this site since at least 1200.
Over 200 trees are growing in the churchyard, ranging from very tall Corsican Pine trees to the short Irish Yews that border the main path through the churchyard. Maintained by volunteers and relatives of those interred there, the funding for any maintenance or improvements comes directly from St Lawrence Church, and any donations they receive for the Churchyard.
|WWI Roll of Honour board.|
Hertfordshire, HP 3 OLU England.
- See the website for St Lawrence Church
- See the Find-a-grave page for St Lawrence Churchyard - there is also another Find-a-Grave page. The two Find-a-Grave pages have yet to be merged as at the time of writing.