Location: Flinders Street, Adelaide, South Australia
Surnames/tags: Church_Tree Heritage_Tree aquilareen
St Paul's Anglican Church : Adelaidia | | St Paul’s Rectory : Adelaide City Heritage |
St Paul’s Anglican Church was built on the corner of Flinders Street and Pulteney Street in 1863. A rectory facing Flinders Street was added shortly after.
The congregation of this High Anglican Church included prominent Adelaide families. Henry Ayers worshipped there as did members of the Bonython, Schomburgk, Everard and Bray families.
St Paul’s was deconsecrated in 1983 and its Tiffany stained glass windows, donated by Henry Ayers’ daughter, Lucy, relocated to Pulteney Grammar School on South Terrace.
People - LifeTree
- Adelaide St Paul's Anglican church . . . more . .
Window in memory of Blanche Ada, wife of John Lavington Bonython, created by Charles Edward Tute, installed 1909 in St Paul’s church, Pulteney St.
When St Paul’s closed 1982, window was transferred to All Souls Anglican church in suburb of St Peters by Blanche Ada’s children, John, Elizabeth & Ada and re-dedicated 6 Nov 1983.