Stanley_Wisconsin.png

Stanley, Wisconsin

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: [unknown]
Surnames/tags: Wisconsin Chippewa_County Clark_County
This page has been accessed 125 times.

Contents

History

Stanley is a city in Chippewa and Clark counties in Wisconsin. It was first settled in 1881 and is named for Lemuel C. Stanley. The city started out as a lumber town with the Northwestern Lumber Company opening a large mill there in 1891. In 1906 a fire started in one of the lumber company's buildings. The fire destroyed a large number of homes and businesses, however they soon rebuilt. In 1900 the lumber company opened a brickyard using clay found in the area. The city of Stanley annexed an area of Thorp in neighboring Clark county on 20 May 2002.

Demographics

Population (as of 2010): 3,608

Churches

  • Church of The Bretheren
  • Faith Free Evangelical
  • Heritage Baptist Church
  • Holy Family Church (The Holy Family parish used to be two Parishes {St. Mary's and St. Annes}, they were consolidated in the mid 1900's)
  • Remnant Church of God
  • Our Savior’s Lutheran Church ELCA
  • Stanley United Methodist Church
  • Trinity Vineyard Church
  • Maple Grove Bible Church

Cemeteries

  • Evergreen Cemetery

Schools

  • Holy Family Catholic School (no longer in operation)
  • St Anne's Catholic School (no longer in operation)
  • St Mary's Catholic School (no longer in operation)
  • The Dodge School (Stanley's first high school, no longer in operation)

Resources





Collaboration
  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)


Comments

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.