Location: Port Jackson, New South Wales
The Immigrant ship Stirling Castle also known as the Sterling Castle arrived in New South Wales on October 15 1831 from Scotland
size: 350 tons
sailed: from Greenock, Scotland 1st of June 1831
master: Captain James Fraser
surgeon superintendent: Mr Band
arrived: New South Wales 15th of October 1831
passengers: Sir John Dunmore Lang and his lady, with five other Pres-byterian Clergymen, and fifty-nine emi-grant mechanics, the greater part with wives and families. The total number of her passengers is one hundred and forty TROVE
- NRS5310/4_4823/Sterling Castle_15 Oct 1831/from the Assisted Immigrants (digital) Shipping Lists on the New South Wales State Archives and Records website at: http://indexes.records.nsw.gov.au/ebook/list.aspx?series=NRS5310&item=4_4823&ship=Sterling%20Castle
- ADVANCE AUSTRALIA Sydney Gazette. From The Sydney Gazette and New South Wales Advertiser (NSW : 1803 - 1842) of Saturday 15 October 1831, Page 2. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/2203083
- Shipping Intelligence. from The Sydney Gazette and New South Wales Advertiser (NSW : 1803 - 1842) of Saturday 15 October 1831, Page 2. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/2203096? (incomplete)
- Stirling Castle (1829 brig) from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirling_Castle_(1829_brig)
- Family Notices from The Sydney Herald (NSW : 1831 - 1842) of Monday 17 October 1831, Page 4. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/28654058?
- The Sydney Herald (NSW : 1831 - 1842) of Monday 17 October 1831, Page 2. first accessed online on the 8th of June, 2020. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/28654063?
- SHIP NEWS. from The Australian (Sydney, NSW : 1824 - 1848) of Friday 21 October 1831, Page 3. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/36865432?
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)