Surnames/tags: Sturminster_Newton One_Place_Studies Dorset_Place_Studies
Anyone is welcome to contribute or use the Sturminster Newton One Place Study category on relevant entries. For further information please contact the project leader Steve Hutchings or post a comment on this page.
This is a One Place Study to collect together in one place everything about Sturminster Newton, Dorset, England. The hope is that other researchers will help to make it a valuable reference point.
The study is meant to cover the Sturminster Newton Hundred which contains five parishes:
Sturminster Newton (including Bagber, Broad Oak and Puxey)
Hinton St Mary
Okeford Fitzpaine (including Belchalwell and Fiddleford).
The amount of movement between the parishes makes it sensible to include the slightly wider area of the Sturminster Newton Hundred rather than just the town alone.
The Sturminster Newton, Dorset category is for everyone who was born, married or died in Sturminster Newton.
The Sturminster Newton One Place Study category also includes everyone who appeared in a census regardless of where they were born or died. And anyone born, married or died in any of the other parishes of the Sturminster Newton Hundred (see the scope section above).
Everyone in the Sturminster Newton, Dorset category shuould also be in the Sturminster Newton One Place Study category.
But not everyone in the Sturminster Newton One Place Study category will be in the Sturminster Newton, Dorset category. For example, they might have Marnhull, Dorset and Sturminster Newton One Place Study categories.
Of general interest
- British History Online
- Musuem and Mill Society
- St Mary's Church
- Town Council
- Town map
- Vision of Britain
1981 profiles have the Sturminster Newton One Place Study category applied as of July 16, 2018 (Previously: 1709 on Jun 21; 1374 on Jun 20; 1283 on Jun 14)
- Who to include in a one-place study Jan 28, 2018.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)