Location: Sulphur Springs, Alabama
Sulphur Springs, Alabama
Sulphur Springs was not well defined in before the 1850s. The 1840 census had no divisions and the 1850 census was divided into two districts, numbers 24 and 25. Based on land patents, the 24th district of Dekalb County, Alabama appears to have included Sulphur Springs and the areas north of Fort Payne. In 1860, Sulphur Springs was located in the Northern Division of Dekalb County with post office designation as Anawicka. By 1870 the post office was redesignated as Sulphur Springs, and Sulphur Springs consisted of Township 3, Range 9 and Township 4, Range 10. This distinction of was consistent in 1880 with the additional designation of Beat 13. By 1900, the defining of populated areas became more consistent, Sulphur Springs being defined as Precinct Number 13. This system was unchanged through at least 1930.
Heads of Household in 1866
|Township 3, 9E|
|Cronan, E. H.|
- ↑ Sulphur Springs Records: About the Census, Valley Head Genealogical Society, accessed online at http://s434352232.initial-website.com/vb/ALABAMA/DEKALB/VALLEYHEAD11/recordsSS.html
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)