Surnames/tags: Sussex Resources
- Category Links: Sussex | England
- Others: Sussex Team | Other Counties Resources | England Resources | England Project
Carol Keeling has a CD produced by the Sussex Family History Group which contains details of 300,000 Sussex marriages covering the period from 1538 to 1837. Carol is happy to search this resource for any WikiTree members who have ancestors from this county.
Justin Brice is the editor of the Sussex Mills Group newsletter and has carried out extensive personal research into the windmills of the county.
Sussex Research Resources
- British History Online Links to A History of the County of Sussex. readable online.
- Chartulary of the Priory of St. Peter at Sele
- Coroner’s inquests late 15th early 16th century
- County Genealogies. Pedigrees of the Families in the County of Sussex
- Cuckfield Parish Registers 1598-1699; an excellent resource that can be downloaded
- Dusty Docs home page for Sussex for links to free Genealogical Websites containing parish records
- East Sussex Church Monuments, 1530-1830, Photographs
- East Sussex Record Office: catalogue accessible from the website or through the National Archives' discovery catalogue.
- Sussex. Genuki a large resource of online information for genealogical researchers.
- Notes of post mortem inquisitions taken in Sussex. 1 Henry VII, to 1649 and after
- A Calendar of Post Mortem Inquisitions relating to the County of Sussex, 1-25 Elizabeth.
- Sussex Inquisitions: Extracts from Rawlinson MS B 433 in the Bodleian Library Oxford described as Inquisitiones Post Mortem relating to Sussex
- A History of the Castles, Mansions, and Manors of Western Sussex
- The Parks and Forests of Sussex, Ancient and Modern, Historical, Antiquarian and Descriptive
- Protestation Returns (1642): Sussex A & Sussex B, but only the return for Seal is viewable online.
- Quaker resources
- Registration Districts in Sussex, 1837-1974
- Star Chamber cases relating to Sussex
- Sussex Archaeological Collections
- Sussex Record Society
- Sussex Electoral Poll of 1734 (free database search)
- Sussex Electoral Poll of 1734 (Google Books)
- Map of the Parishes of Sussex maintained by the Sussex Family History Group
- Sussex Online Parish Clerk look ups and lots of links including parish records, census returns and MI's
- Sussex Parish Churches (database)
- Sussex Strays Marrying in Surrey. (West Surrey FHS: search groom or brides surname).
- The Visitations of the County of Sussex: 1530 & 1633-4
- Visitation of Sussex, 1570
- The Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex is maintained by volunteers and contains the records of the Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex that are more than 70 years old and in the public domain. It was launched in May 2003 and is continually being updated with more information about the Weald as it becomes available from transcriptions of Census data, Parish records, Pictures, Photographs, Maps, Books and many other documents.
- Wealden Iron Research Group Database
- West Sussex Record Office: catalogue accessible from the website or through the National Archives' discovery catalogue.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Chris Weston and England Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
Waalt website is a brilliant resource.
edited by Ann Browning
Coroner’s inquests late 15th early 16th century
The Buckhurst Terrier