The voyage of the Immigrant ship Switzerland to South Australia in 1856
The voyage of the Immigrant ship Switzerland
Departed: Southampton, England, 20th July 1856,
Arrived: Port Adelaide, South Australia, 27th October 1856,
Master: Captain Daniel Doherty
Surgeon-superintendent: Dr. James O'Donnell
Passengers: 246 Government Immigrants (4 births and 4 deaths on the passage)
PASSENGER LISTS etc.
- Barry Leadbeater's South Australian Shipping & Immigration database at: http://www.familyhistorysa.org/shipping/passengerlists.html
- 15/1856 – Switzerland from the State Records of SA, Passenger Lists at: https://www.archives.sa.gov.au/sites/default/files/documentstore/passengerlists/1856/GRG35_48_1_56-15_Switzerland.pdf
- ship Switzerland, 640 tons, Captain Daniel Doherty, from Southampton 20th July 1856, arrived at Port Adelaide, South Australia 27th October 1856. transcribed and submitted to The Ships List by Robert Janmaat, at: http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/australia/switzerland1856.shtml
- Results for South Australia, Passenger Lists 1847-1886 from the Find My Past website at: https://www.findmypast.com.au/search/results?datasetname=south%20australia%2c%20passenger%20lists%201847-1886&eventyear=1856&eventyear_offset=0&shipname=switzerland
- 20/07/1856 - 27/10/1856 from Passengers in History an initiative of the South Australian Maritime Museum at: http://passengersinhistory.sa.gov.au/node/942395
- SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE. in the South Australian Register (Adelaide, SA : 1839 - 1900) of Tuesday 28 October 1856, Page 2. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/49760222?
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)