Location: Vernon, Washinigton County, Florida
Surnames/tags: Cemeteries Vernon, Florida Sylvania Cemetery
Cemetery name: Sylvania Cemetery
Address: 3079 Sylvania Road Vernon, Florida 32462
GPS Coordinates: N 30 36.810, W 085 40.307
Sylvania Cemetery is located behind the Sylvania African Methodist Episcopal Church (Sylvania A.M.E. Church) which was built by emancipated slaves after the Civil War. It also served as a school. The graveyard contains stones that commemorate the early members of the church. The current masonry building is a reconstruction of the old wood frame church but still houses some of the original furniture  .
To date (March 2, 2020), Sylvania Cemetery has around 288 graves. About 86% of them have been photographed and uploaded to FindAGrave. The church is still in use and has its own Facebook page.
- ↑ http://www.nextexithistory.com/explore/historical-sites/sylvania-african-methodist-episcopal-church/
- ↑ https://www.visitwcfla.com/site/assets/files/1065/2014_geotrail_brochure.pdf
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)