Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
- Table Talk Pie Company is a pie bakery located in Worcester, Massachusetts.
The company operates three bakeries. One bakery is co-located with the company headquarters on Washington Street in Worcester, Massachusetts. Another is located on Bowditch Drive in Shrewsbury, and the third location is also in Worcester at Southgate Street.
Though they are most well-known for the 4-inch pies in a red and white box, meant to be eaten as a snack. These iconic little boxes are found in groceries and convenience stores in the northeastern United States and beyond. The company also bakes larger sized dessert pies, with varieties including fruit pies, custard pies, nut pies, and some limited-edition pies, such as mocha cream.
Table Talk was co-founded in 1924 by Theodore Tonna and Angelo Cotsidas, both immigrants from Greece.
The company was sold to baby-food company, Beech-Nut, in 1965, and changed hands a few times before finally closing in 1984. Table Talk was reopened in 1986 by Theodore Tonna's son-in-law, Christo Cocaine.
In 2017, a retail pie outlet was opened in Worcester revitalized Canal District. As of 2019, the 8-inch pies are available for US $2.00 in several varieties.
- Nicodemus, Aaron, "Ground Broken in Worcester for new Table Talk Pies Building," The Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Massachusetts) 20 Oct 2016. Web, accessed 17 Sep 2019. link to article
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)