Surnames/tags: Tacumshin Wexford Leinster
|Ireland||Main Wexford Page||Category for Tacumshin Parish||Civil Parishes in County Wexford|
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Wexford team
Tacumshin Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: Teach Coimseáin.
- Logainm Link: Tacumshin Parish on Logainm.ie
- Barony: Forth
- Province: Leinster
Population Centres of Tacumshin Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Wexford
- Irish or Alternate Name: Teach Coimseáin.
- Wikipedia entry for Tacumshane
- Map: Google Maps OpenStreetMap
- Tacumshane (Irish: Teach Coimseáin) is a small village in the southeast of County Wexford, Ireland. It is located 15 km south of Wexford town. The official name of the village is Tacumshane. In Irish it is called Teach Coimseáin (House of Seán). The name of the village is often misspelled as "Tacumshin" as opposed to "Tacumshane".
The Townlands of Tacumshin Civil Parish
- The townlands in Tacumshin Parish (Teach Coimseáin) are those taken from Tacumshin Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses.
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please (preferrably for Irish categories) contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Ballyhiho Baile Shaichiú Ballymacane Baile Mhic Eichiairn Ballymurry Baile Uí Mhuirígh Ballysampson Baile Shamsóin Ballytory Lower Baile Tóraí Íochtarach Ballytory Upper Baile Tóraí Uachtarach Bennettstown Baile Bhinéid Bunargate Bun Airgid Bunargate Strand Trá Bhun Airgid Churchtown Baile an Teampaill Coldblow Coldblow Cotts Na Botha Cumshinstown Baile Choimsín Ecclestown Baile Eacail Faythe An Fhaiche Fence An Fál Furziestown Baile Fursa Grogan An Gruagán Grogan Burrow Coinicéar an Ghruagáin Hardyglass Ard Glas Heaths An Fraoch Hilltown Baile an Chnoic Category:Hilltown Townland, Tacumshin Parish, County Wexford X-8644 18:52, 29 March 2023 (UTC) Millknock Cnoc an Mhuilinn Muckstown Baile Mhoic Primestown Baile Prim Rathrolan Ráth Throláin Rathshillane Ráth Síoláin Reedstown Baile an Réadaigh Ringknock Cnoc na Rinne Rostonstown Baile Rostúin Rostonstown Burrow Coinicéar Bhaile Rostúin Sigginstown Island Great An tOileán Mór Sigginstown Island Little An tOileán Beag Tacumshin Teach Coimseáin Yoletown An Seanbhaile
- A list of external resources may be placed here
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links below which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For a 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- CIB files for each townland that does not yet have a category on WikiTree can be found in this Google Drive folder. The line for each townland can be seen below this page when in edit mode.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland