Surnames/tags: clean-a-thon data_doctors
Welcome to Team Dust Bunnies!
We'll be focusing on the 900 errors.
Our G2G chat is here: https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/381126
- 1: Eowyn Langholf Leader - 901 February |See your work
- 2: Julie Ricketts - 901 March |See your work
- 3: Abby Glann - 901 January |See your work
- 4: Laura Bozzay Co-Leader |See your work
- 5: Loretta (Leger) Corbin |See your work
- 6: Jillaine Smith |your work
- 7: Nancy Landers |See your work
- 8: Mary Richardson |See your work
- 9: Paula Dea |See your work
- 10: Carol Keeling |See your work
- 11: Taylor Worthing-Gilchrist |See your work
What are you working on?
Since the 901 Errors are public and inaccessible to most members, the sysops on the team will cover those.
It would be great if everyone else wanted to focus on the 902 errors since they're open and anyone can access them to make improvements.
902 Orphan Profiles
I will be taking the lead on the 902 Orphan profiles. Aleš was kind enough to run a report for the most common gedcom import. I have posted a spreadsheet on Google. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VoYth1lyw3bRRf6hosyAyf2a2u3BhowEausJEUXP-wo/edit?ts=58fa0c9e#gid=0 Please let me know if you don’t have access to the file. Most of these profiles can be found on Familysearch.com by using the search link on the profile’s page.
Eowyn suggested, “If there's only a name and no profile manager... I think it's okay to fill in the profile. Since there's not a family connection we don't have to worry about messing that up. I'd remove the Decoursey info from the bio, add the new info and add the new sources.”
Also, I think it would be a good idea to add the following category [[Category:124-DeCoursey_ged]] above the biography section that Greg Slade set up. This may help future researchers; we could also add the Lost and Found Project [[Category:Lost_and_Found_Project]] if no useable information is found.
How many errors would you like to start out with? We have a total of 670 errors for this one gedcom import.
See the original report Aleš sent, we will have to scroll down to the 902’s and locate the status button for the profile you are working on. I definitely want each of you to get credit for your hard work. https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/381126/dust-bunnies-clean-a-thon-chat?show=381540#c381540
What to Do
- Choose a profile to work on.
- Check the status to see what others have done already.
- Look at the biography; are there clues there as to an era or geographic region? Use those clues to search for records to see if obvious matches show up.
- If no clues, and the name is more unique, check to see if a search for family trees containing that name show up in conjunction with the profile manager's name on other tree sites.
- If nothing shows up that way, check the profile manager's watchlist and see if any patterns emerge to give clues-others with the same surname that have similar regions listed. If so and you can figure out who you're working with, update the profile. If not, add notes to what you see surnames, places, eras, under a research notes header on the biography.
- If you are able to add information but the profile remains unconnected to any others, you can add it to the Unlinked Profiles category for Connectors to work on. Please enter this in the bio/text section.
- If you see a pattern where there are a lot of unconnected profiles from the same gedcom upload (see the changes history), these can be worked on by the The Lost and Found Project. Put them all into a category for that specific gedcom and place that category under the Lost and Found Project category. Make sure to make notes of what you find for the next person. Please enter this in the bio/text section.
- You may need to create the category for this, if it doesn't already exist. If you see a pattern-a lot profiles from one gedcom, it was probably blown apart upon upload to WikiTree. There was a bug at one point several years ago that did this. A lot of people didn't even know it happened. The category format is basically [[Category:Name-of-gedcom Gedcom]], so [[Category:DeCourseygedcom2011 Gedcom]] and you would categorize it under [[Category:Lost and Found Project]] to create it. That project works specifically with broken gedcoms.
- If you can find an online obituary they often list birth, death, and other family info.
- Searching by PM or Surname can be helpful to do that access https://plus.wikitree.com/default.htm change the default generations to 15. Select 902 from type of error drop-down list. Select Managed by and insert the PM WikiID. If running for a surname select full name and drop in surname. Press User Errors.
- Please leave feedback notes by pressing the Status button on the error report screen. Here is the help page on how to use this status button: Space:DBE_Status
- 901 Errors - Click here to get to the errors list
- 902 Errors - Click here to get to the errors list
- G2G Thread - Dust Bunnies Clean-a-Thon Chat
- 901 unconnected empty public profiles: These profiles have no relations (parents, children, marriage) and no birth and death data (date nor location) and are public. Click here to get to the errors list
- 902 unconnected empty open profiles: These profiles have no relations (parents, children, marriage) and no birth and death data (date nor location) and is open. Click here to get to the errors list
|901 Unconnected empty public profiles||27551||27551||27|
|902 Unconnected empty open profiles||17982||17982||17982||127|
DeCoursey Error report
- 1: Eowyn Langholf, Pre1500, Leader
- 2: Julie Ricketts, Pre1500
- 3: Abby Glann, Pre1500
- 4: Laura Bozzay, DataDoctor, Pre1500
- 5: Loretta (Leger) Corbin, DataDoctor
- 6: Jillaine Smith, DataDoctor, Pre1500
- 7: Nancy Landers
- 8: Mary Richardson, Pre1500,access to Ancestry for trees
- 9: Paula Dea, DataDoctor, Pre1500
- 10: Carol Keeling, DataDoctor, Pre1500
- 11: Taylor Worthing-Gilchrist
- Dust Bunnies Clean-a-Thon Chat Apr 20, 2017.
- Join the Dust Bunnies for the Spring Clean-a-Thon 2017 (900 errors)! Apr 2, 2017.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)