Surnames/tags: Irish_Seanchaithe Ireland Challenges
Welcome to the Team of the Irish Seanchaithe*
(*Team Irish Shan-ah-khuh-huh.) This team participates in all marathon challenges. The Seanchaithe are Ireland's traditional storytellers, the keepers of oral traditions, local history, and genealogy. Our team is primarily concerned with the improvement of Irish profiles and those of Irish lineage worldwide. But all improvements help our shared tree, so feel free to work from your own watchlist if you prefer. This is a great chance to learn from each other and make collaborative friendships. We communicate during our -thons via G2G postings (link in upper right hand corner) and via a channel on Discord. If you would like to join Discord, please contact a Team Captain.
- Want to join us?
- You can register by posting an answer (not a comment) to the G2G July 2023 Connect-a-Thon thread found here. In your answer, please make sure to say that you want to join the Irish Seanchaithe team. The July Connect-a-Thon will run from Friday, July 14 at 8:00 am EDT (12:00 pm UTC) until Monday, July 17 at 8:00 am EDT (12:00 am UTC).
- Please be sure to take a look at the Connect-a-Thon Tutorial. Scoring for this event is tracked automatically, there is no need to click on a challenge-tracking button. It is fantastic if you are able to make a connection, but even without one, every missing sibling, parent, child, etc. that you can add is worth one point. These profiles cannot be of a living person.
July 2023 Connect a Thon:
- July 2023 Connect a Thon Team:
- David Loring
- Karen Haney
- Susan DeFoe
- Stephen Ullrich
- Kathy Theede
- Vicki Blanco Borchers
- Brian Stynes
- Susan McNamee
- Timothy May
- L. Greer
- Richard Meyers
- Simone Cody
- John Tyner
- Fionnuala O'Connor
- Amber Lewis
- Michael Webster
- Emily Hegarty
- Allie Nickell
Connect-a-Thon Quick Links
- Connect-a-Thon Help Page
- Connect-a-Thon Tutorial
- Connecting How-To
- Hang-out Schedule for live chats and prize drawings
Current Scores and Progress
Here is how to see the current totals for individual members and teams. These progress reports are from WikiTree+.
|Reports||By User||By Team||By Team and User||Update frequency|
|Simple||User||Team||Team and User||5 min|
|By Day||User by Day||Team by Day||Team and User by Day||1 hour|
|Total By Hour||User By Hour||Team By Hour||1 hour|
Finding Irish Unconnected Profiles
- Unconnected: Ireland (general)
- Unconnected: Antrim
- Unconnected: Armagh
- Unconnected: Carlow
- Unconnected: Cavan
- Unconnected: Clare
- Unconnected: Cork
- Unconnected: Donegal
- Unconnected: Down
- Unconnected: Dublin
- Unconnected: Fermanagh
- Unconnected: Galway
- Unconnected: Kerry
- Unconnected: Kildare
- Unconnected: Kilkenny
- Unconnected: Londonderry
- Unconnected: Leitrim
- Unconnected: Leix
- Unconnected: Limerick
- Unconnected: Longford
- Unconnected: Louth
- Unconnected: Mayo
- Unconnected: Meath
- Unconnected: Monaghan
- Unconnected: Offaly
- Unconnected: Roscommon
- Unconnected: Sligo
- Unconnected: Tipperary
- Unconnected: Tyrone
- Unconnected: Waterford
- Unconnected: Westmeath
- Unconnected: Wexford
- Unconnected: Wicklow
- Ireland Maintenance Category: Needs Profiles Created
- OR work from your Watchlist (My WikiTree menu in upper right then Watchlist). Click on "Edit Date" to move the oldest to the top and start looking for profiles that need parents, siblings or children!
Source-a-Thon Quick Links
- Source-a-Thon Help Page
- Source-a-Thon Tutorial
- Source-a-Thon Hangouts/Schedule
- IRELAND'S UNSOURCED PROFILES
Some Additional Resources for Sourcing Irish Profiles
- Civil Records - Contains Birth Registers (1864-1921), Marriage Registers (1845-1946) and Death Registers (1871-1971). Note, marriage certificates available before 1864 are all for Church of Ireland marriages.
- Census Records - Contains the 1901 and 1911 Census for Ireland, as well as the surviving fragments of the 1821, 1831, 1841 and 1851 censuses.
- NLI Catholic Parish Registers - Contains church records of Catholic baptisms, marriages and burials in Ireland. Records availability is dependant on parish. Note: These records are not indexed and image quality can vary.
- Free Catholic Church Records - Contains church records of Irish Catholic baptisms, marriages and burials as part of Find My Past's Free Records Collection. The records available vary from parish to parish but generally are from the early 1800s to the 1880s.
- Griffiths Valuation Records - Contains a digital and searchable version of Griffiths Valuation, a list of all the tenant farmers of Ireland and details of their property and rent, from the 1850s.
- Tithe Applotment Books - Contains a digital and searchable version of the Tithe Applotment Books, records of tenant farmers and the rent and taxes they paid during the era 1823-1837.
- Historical Sources of Ireland. This page is maintained by Rich, and contains links to online transcriptions from many of the Annals as well as many other primary and secondary sources. Mostly helpful for pre-1500 but does contain a section for more modern sources.
Checking Our Progress
These WikiTree+ reports show how the team is doing.
- Welcome to the Irish Seanchaithe chat page for the July 2023 Connect-a-Thon! Jun 19, 2023.
- Welcome to the Irish Seanchaithe chat page for the April 2023 Connect-a-Thon! Mar 20, 2023.
- Welcome to the Irish Seanchaithe chat page for the 2023 Connect-a-Thon! Dec 13, 2022.
- Welcome to the Irish Seanchaithe chat page for the 2022 Source-a-Thon. Sep 24, 2022.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jen Hutton and Ireland Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)