Location: Friday 8:00 AM (EDT) to Monday 8:00 AM (EDT)
Surnames/tags: Massachusetts Source-a-Thon Sourcerers
- Check out our chat post 2018 Chat thread on G2G
- Do a Sourcing Selfie
- If you're wondering what qualifies as unsourced, check out What counts as Unsourced?
- Get your race bib: Have you registered for the Source-a-Thon yet?
- Join a team: Source-a-Thon Teams
- Source Unsourced profiles Sept. - Oct. 1 & note your progress in your team's G2G post (see this section of the Source-a-Thon page and the Source-a-Thon Teams page for more information)
- Links to Unsourced profiles
- Cross your fingers that you'll win a fabulous door prize!
Team Massachusetts 2018
- M-Team Members
- Bob Keniston Captain #59
- Janine Barber #35
- Bobbie Hall #41
- Susan Anderson #75
- Jayme Arrington #112
- Chris Hoyt #186
- Patricia Tidwell #285
- Hope Tillman #301
- Walt Howe #302
- Lin Wright #363
- E. Childs #399
- Catherine B #426
- Henry Chadwick #445
- Chip White #461
- Sean Pickett #475
Team Massachusetts 2017
- M-Team Members
- Bob Keniston #67 email@example.com - Will start with letter "K"
- Gwen Fleming #296 - Letter "D"
- Susan Anderson #263 - Will start with letter "A"
- Natalie Trott #35 - 19th & 20th century profiles
- Jayme Arrington #30
- Hope Tillman #69
- Lin Wright. #71
- Barry Sweetman #73 - Will start with the letter P
- Walter Howe #74 -Letter H and offshoots, pre-1850 profiles
- Carole Partridge #114 - will start with the letter S
- Becky Syphers #126 - Start with the letter "N"
- Janine Barber #137 - Will start with letter "M"
- Tina Gasperson #283 - Will start with letter G
- Elizabeth Arsenault #309
- Chris Hoyt #273 - Will start with lette "B"
Team Massachusetts 2016
- M-Team Members
- Bob Keniston #42 firstname.lastname@example.org - Will start with letter "K"
- Mary Hall #304 - Will start with letter "A"
- Chet Snow #17 email@example.com - Will start with letter "S"
- Carole Partridge #72 - Will start from her Watchlist, then go to letter "B"
- Igor Rowen #357
- Bobbie Hall #63 - Will start with letters "C" and "F"
- Bill Roberts #380
- Chris Hoyt #403
- Keith Cook #540
- Jerri Thorpe #366 - Will start with letter T
- Janis Swanson #101
- Paula Jacunski #98
- Ken Field #346
- Jerri Thorpe #366
Any Where/Any When/Any Who/Any What
- Note: Only 20 members per team please. If you see a team is full and a new one hasn't been started yet, please let me know! ~ Bob Keniston
- M Team Massachusetts - Join by answering this G2G post (an answer, not a comment or reply)
- Want to lead a team focused on a specific Massachusetts place, time, name, or source? List it below and add a link to your G2G post
Valid sources include census records, BMD records/index references, military documents, land documents, wills, etc. A source cannot be another family tree, such as Geni or an Ancestry Member Tree.
If you find a valid source:
- Edit the profile to add the source, according to our Sources guide.
- ... (see more in the Participation section of the Source-a-Thon page)
- See the following links for Massachusetts sources, but keep in mind that they may not all meet the quality level needed to remove the "Unsourced" category.
- Source References Free Space page with "ref's" set up. Go to Edit page to copy.
- MA Vital Records Most vital records from early Colonial times to 1850
- Archive.org Vital records and family genealogies (Search "vital records of [town name]" or "[family name]")
- Family Search Vital and census records
- Mooseroots.com Another source for census records. NOTE by Chet Snow: The home page for Mooseroots.com is NOT the Census page. URL for 1790 to 1930 US Census reports is: us-census.mooseroots.com . It's easy to use but Names must be spelled as they were transcribed from the Census Report and that is not always the way you think it should be spelled!
- Ancestry Vital and census records = a paid web site for Ancestry.com members.
Team Massachusetts Coordinator: Hi! I'm Bob Keniston, Massachusetts Project leader, and member of the US History Project. I'll be your number one fan in the upcoming Source-a-Thon & hope to have everything coordinated before then so that we can focus all our efforts on clearing out Massachusetts Unsourced Profiles during those three days at the start of October, Family History Month. If you want to get some practice in, please join the September Sourcerers Challenge.
Thanks in advance to everyone who will make this event WICKED COOL!
- Team Massachusetts Chat for 2018 Source-a-Thon Sep 1, 2018.
- Source-a-Thon 2017 Team Massachusetts G2G Chat Thread Sep 27, 2017.
- Join the M Team of the Source-a-Thon and be a wicked Sourcerer (TEAM FULL) Sep 13, 2016.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 14 Jan 2019 at 15:04 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote:
Sandringham Strollers Team
On 14 Jan 2019 at 13:50 GMT Loretta (Leger) Corbin wrote:
On 11 Jan 2019 at 13:11 GMT Loretta (Leger) Corbin wrote:
Southern Super Sweepers! Good Luck!
On 2 Oct 2018 at 15:42 GMT Ronel (van Heerden) Olivier wrote:
To all members congratulations and well done !! We had a lot of fun sourcing and hanging out with you.. You rock !!!
On 1 Oct 2018 at 19:45 GMT Stephanie Ward wrote:
Joyce and Steff
On 1 Oct 2018 at 18:08 GMT Cindi (Whipple) Clark wrote:
On 1 Oct 2018 at 16:58 GMT Bea (Timmerman) Wijma wrote:
On 1 Oct 2018 at 12:53 GMT Susie MacLeod wrote:
Susie and Wendy :-)
On 1 Oct 2018 at 06:10 GMT Anonymous (Helderman) Crewe wrote:
On 30 Sep 2018 at 16:43 GMT Bobbie (Madison) Hall wrote: