Location: County fermanagh, Ireland
Templenaffrin - County Fermanagh
Templenaffrin is a townland in the Electoral Division of Gardenhill; in the Civil Parish of Cleenish; in the Barony of Clanawley; County of Fermanagh, Ireland
Templenaffrin lies across the Sligo Road, close to Belcoo and Blacklion and the border with County Cavan.
- Bordering townlands are -
- Aughrim to the north
- Belcoo East to the west
- Carrontreemall to the east
- Gortnaderg to the east
see Templenaffrin in townlands.ie - Templenaffrin
- Griffith's Valuation in askaboutireland.ie c. 1862, for Templenaffrin, County Fermanagh
- James Bracken is the 'immediate lessor' for this townland, owning and occupying the whole townland with the exception of a small holding in which the house is built, designated area 1b and occupied by Owen Leonard
- the grazing land includes an ancient graveyard which would later be fenced by the local community
- changes noted from the Valuation Revision Books (online at Proni)
- - area 1A & 1B (house/offices/land) is occupied by James Bracken - in 1872; the Rev. Mark Whittaker becomes the 'immediate lessor' (this includes the church ruins & graveyard) In 1878, area 1Aa remains as described for area 1A above - area 1Ab is now designated 'graveyard.' By 1898, Anne Bracken is occupying areas 1A & 1B - By 1910, with the exception of the cottage occupied by Bernard Burns, Anne Bracken has become to sole occupier of Templenaffrin
- - area 2a (house/offices/land) in 1864, is occupied by John Willis (James Bracken the 'immediate lessor') - area 2a passes to Robert Bracken in 1870; passes to James Bracken in 1878 and by 1898, area 2a is occupied by Anne Bracken
- - area 2b (house/offices/land) in 1862 was occupied by Hugh Leonard; & passed to Owen Leonard by 1864 (James Bracken the 'immediate lessor') & is still with Owen Leonard in 1878. Area 2b passes to Kate Leonard
- - area 2c is designated the graveyard & exempt from valuation (though the graveyard is actually in area 1B) the graveyard is later noted as area 1B in 1878 in same valuation book, & designated 1Ab in the new 1878 valuation book.
- - a cottage labeled area 2d is now a house occupied by Bernard Burns.
- - by 1878, an area 3 has been designated railway land set aside for the Sligo, Leitrim & Northern Counties Railway.
- - for valuation purposes - Templenaffrin is transferred from Enniskillen to Holywell in 1923
Known Bracken residents in Templenaffrin
- Richard Bracken 1785-1845 & Jane Howden & Mary Nixon
- Richard Brackin 1810-1849
- Ann Bracken 1813-1873 & Michael Crawford & Richard Bracken
- James Brackin 1825-1886 & Jane Buchanan & Margaret Storey
- Jane (Bracken ) Elliott c.1820-
- John Howden Bracken 1828-1886 & Rebecca Bracken
- Anne Bracken 1862-
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)