Surnames/tags: Moody Wright
- Mrs. Moody,
- I am sorry that you troubled yourself so much as to send me the books.
- I assure you that I appreciate your kindness.
- I have selected "Adam Bede" and "The Lamp Lighter".
- Adft Dinkins wishes to read "Alone".
- I will be busy for several days, so it did not matter about the books.
- Respectfully Yours,
- C. A. Durham
- Jan 10th 1864
- P S. I hope all the sick are convelescent. C.A.D.
- On the reverse: Mrs. Moody
- VLR (Virginia Leigh Refo)
- All written in pencil. A thank-you note to Martha William (Wright) Moody.
- Many thanks to cousin Virginia Leigh Refo whose research and transcriptions added to this profile. The originals were donated to the Library of Virginia in 2004 by Liz Edens Vermillion with the help of Virginia Refo Moody Family Papers, 1750-1881. Accession 40535, Personal Papers Collection, The Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.