Surnames/tags: Aldridge Noland
The Aldridge Family: England to America, by Robert Newton Aldridge Jr., an appendix to Alldredge-Aldridge-Bracen-Nesmith Families, by Memory Aldridge Lester. Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1957 (privately printed).
See also the listing in the Hathi Trust Digital Libary for Memory's book: http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/005713062
And Memory's book has a WikiTree Resource page (where you can copy a pre-formatted reference to use in a profile). See this page.
I have a copy of the appendix and about five pages of the main book, but those five pages hold mostly speculation - some sources given for immigrant George Aldrich/Aldridge, d. in Massachusetts in 1682/3, and his family. The copy I have does not include information on Bracen and Nesmith families.
Robert Newton Aldridge Jr., author of the appendix, was born in 1923. The appendix starts with "Rev. Henry Aldred, Living in 1553...Norfolk, England" and includes descendants born as late as 1956, with later information and corrections added by my father, his Aunt Alma, and Cousin Dudley.
The information on the Rev. Aldred and the children of his two sons includes a note that they are "only 'probable' and are based on Research of Aldridge Family made by Latter Day Saints p. 38."
Robert includes citations of sources (e.g., Liber D folio 145-146, Wills of Montgomery Co., Rockville, Md.), but not copies or transcripts of sources. Also, it seems he was a bit loose with accuracy on his contemporaries. The copy I have has corrections and additions by his Noland cousins ("Nolan" in his appendix).
Locations: England (1550s) to Maryland (1650s-1790s) to Virginia (1655-1658) to Kentucky (1800s-1870s) to Mississippi (1850s/1860s-1950s).
The appendix contributed in whole or part to the following WikiTree profiles:
- Adelia (Parks) Aldridge (1845 - )
- Alfred Downs Aldridge (May 16, 1840 - March 1, 1883)
- America (Proctor) Aldridge (1834 - )
- Andrew Jackson Aldridge (March 21, 1851 - August 8, 1911)
- Cassandra (Gill) Aldridge (December 24, 1779 - 1844)
- Frances Virginia (Dixon) Aldridge (1842 - 1875)
- Frank Saunders Aldridge (July 17, 1848 - April 3, 1900)
- George Aldridge (1629 - December 16, 1679)
- England to Virginia to Maryland
- Harry Aldridge (1866 - )
- Jacob Aldridge ( - March 1815)
- James Aldridge (November 4, 1844 - March 17, 1845)
- James Aldridge (1769 - 1833)
- John P Aldridge (1773 - June 28, 1833)
- Maryland to Kentucky
- John Alexander Aldridge (June 1817 - )
- John Aldridge (1725 - June 1799)
- John Aldridge (1702 - 1750)
- John T. Aldridge (August 21, 1845 - )
- John Robinson Aldridge (May 23, 1836 - July 23, 1836)
- John Aldridge (1661 - December 1702)
- Virginia to Maryland
- Marguerite Tennant (Adams) Aldridge (March 30, 1897 - )
- Mary (Gill) Aldridge (March 30, 1782 - 1833)
- Mary Aldridge (January 16, 1834 - September 11, 1840)
- Mary C (Dudley) Aldridge (December 8, 1827 - December 19, 1904)
- Rebecca (Robinson) Aldridge (September 19, 1817 - December 19, 1858)
- Robert M Aldridge (March 12, 1823 - )
- Robert Aldridge (September 22, 1853 - December 5, 1920)
- Thomas Robinson Aldridge (May 19, 1846 - February 24, 1872)
- Thomas Aldridge ( - 1800)
- William Owsley Aldridge MD (September 2, 1804 - December 26, 1858)
- Kentucky to Mississippi
- William Owsley Aldridge (October 30, 1837 - July 12, 1840)
Note – The given name “William Owsley” is for Mary Gill’s brother-in-law, Kentucky Governor William Owsley who married Elizabeth Gill. No information on Governor Owsley is in the book (see WikiPedia for information on the Governor).
The following surnames are included in the appendix:
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)