Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Profile manager: Ellen Smith [send private message]
This page has been accessed 123 times.
The Dorland Enigma Solved: A Revision of the Dorland Genealogy
- By Barbara Barth; edited by Judith Smith Cassidy and Harry Macy Jr.
- Privately published by Diane Barth Swartz, 2007
- 468 pages
- Genealogy of the descendants of Gerrit, Lambert, and Elias Dorland, early settlers of New Netherland/New York. Said to correct many errors in earlier works. Surnames include: Ammerman, Armstrong, Banta, Barkelo, Bedell, Bennett, Bergen, Bevington, Birdsall, Bogart, Bertis (Albatross), Brittian, Carman, Cashow, Cheshire, Clapp, Clowes, Coevert, Cornell, Corsen, Cortelyou, Couwenhoven, Cozine, Craven, Darland, Davis, DeBeauvois, Demott, Ditmars, Dorland, Dorlandt, Durland, Durling, Duryea, Eccles, Eldert, Emans, Emmons, Gaunt, Gerritsen, Gildersleeve, Gulick, Gurwell, Haight, Hegeman, Hendirckson, Hewlett, Hogeland, Johnson, Kroesen, Lefferts, Linington, Lott, Losee, Lupardus, Lyster, Martense, McKinstry, Merrill, Messler, Miller, Montfort, Moore, Mott, Meefus, Nevius, Noxon, Oakley, Oldfield, Pearsall, Pieterson, Peterson, Petitt, Pinkerton, Polhemus, Postlethwaite, Poulson, Powelson, Probasco, Purdy, Quick, Rapaljie, Reaser, Remsen, Reyniers, Reyolds, Rhodes, Robinson, Ryersen, Salter, Schenck, Sebring, Seeley, Selover, Seubring, Simonson, Skidmore, Smith, Smock, Snedeker, Sonmans, Sortore, Stoothoff, Storm, Stryker, Sutphen, Suydam, Swartwout, TenEyck, Thompson, Townsend, Underhill, VanArsdalen, VanBoreum, Van Brunt, VanCleef, VanCleve, Vanderbilt, Vanderveer, VanDeventer, VanDorn, VanHarlingen, VanLiew, VanMater, VanNostrand, VanNuys, VanPelt, VanSicklen, VanSinderen, VanSise, VanVoorhees, VanWicklen, VanWyck, Voorhees, Whalen, White, Williamsen, Woertman, Woglom, Wood, Wright, Wyckoff, Young.
- Citing this source:
- Barth, Barbara; Judith Smith Cassidy (editor); and Harry Macy Jr (editor). ''[[Space:The Dorland Enigma Solved: A Revision of the Dorland Genealogy|The Dorland Enigma Solved: A Revision of the Dorland Genealogy]]''. (Sandisfield, Berkshire, Massachusetts, United States: Diane Barth Swartz, 2007).
- Please revise this section if you have new information to add or corrections/updates to make.
- Not found online as of September 2021.
- Resources for obtaining or accessing a paper copy:
Older work about this family (available online, but not necessarily reliable):
- Cremer, John Dorland. Records of the Dorland family in America (Byron S. Adams, Washington, DC, 1898)
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.