Surnames/tags: Taintor Taynter
The Genealogy and History of the Taintor Family
From the period of their emigration from Wales, to the present time
- by Charles Micaiell Taintor, 1817 - 1905
- published by Merriam and Mirick, Greenfield, Massachusetts,1847
Available online at these locations:
- https://archive.org/details/genealogyhistory00tain see review at this link
Table of Contents
- Taintor Genealogy
- Biographical Notices of Individuals, etc
- Page 83
- The "Taintor Genealogy,” ... starts with an error in the Second Generation by assuming that Joseph Taynter was a son of Charles Taintor, which is incorrect. That could not be possible as Joseph Taynter arrived in the new world in 1638 and Charles Taintor did not arrive until 1642. Although the Taintors and Taynters/Tainters may, indeed, be related, seeing that the two families both came from Wales, England, however, there is no compelling evidence of the truth to that statement. 
- No other errors in this publication have been identified. When found, please list the problem(s) here, and include a link to a source that describes the problem.
- <span id='Taintor'></span>Taintor,Charles Micaiell ''[[Space:The Genealogy and History of the Taintor Family|The Genealogy and History of the Taintor Family]]'' (Greenfield, Massachusetts,1847), [ Page ].