Surnames/tags: Houser_Burnett Houser Burnett
The goal of this project is to solve a few mysteries about Isaac Houser and Elizabeth Burnett, and if possible, find pictures of their daughters.
Right now this project just has two members: Marci Abraham and Jody Clayton. We are 3rd great-granddaughters of Isaac and Elizabeth. We hope anyone with an interest in the Houser and Burnett families will join in and help us out!
Here are the mysteries that we are trying to solve about Isaac and Elizabeth:
- Who is Isaac Houser? He seems to have "fallen out of the sky" and gotten married to Elizabeth Burnett. There are no solid records of him before their marriage, but census records say he was born in Pennsylvania.
- What happened to Elizabeth Burnett? She seems to have died around 1880, but we haven't been able to find official records, a grave, an obituary...nothing at all.
Isaac and Elizabeth had six daughters. We have a lot of history on them, some photos of their contemporaries (e.g., spouses) but no photos of the sisters at all. We dream of knowing what these ladies looked like!
Frances Virginia Houser Bishop 1846–
Lucy Houser Thompson 1848–1932
Jane "Jennie" Houser Powell 1854–1929
Mary H. "Molly" Houser Van Buren 1856–1909
Anna "Belle" Houser Ross Power 1859–1927
Minnie M. Houser Laupp 1866–1931
Will you join us? Please post a comment here on this page, in G2G using the project tag, or send either of us a private message. Thanks!
Here's what we know about Isaac Houser:
- He was born about 1814 in Pennsylvania.
- He worked as a blacksmith in Tipton, Indiana, with his brother-in-law, James Recobs. (James was married to Elizabeth's sister, Lydia).
- He previously lived in Ohio, and that is where he married Elizabeth.
- Their first two children were born in Ohio.
- He is NOT the Isaac Houser who was living in Miami County, Ohio, about the same time.
Here's what we don't know about Isaac Houser:
- His middle name or initial. We have seen it as M in a newspaper article, and F is what is on his WikiTree profile, but we don't have any proof of either one.
- His parents' names.
- The names of any siblings.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)