Location: New Zealand
Surname/tag: New_Zealand, Maori
Rohe Pōtae o Maniapoto / the King Country
Iwi - Ngāti Maniapoto; Ngāti Tama; [[:.
The King Country; Te Rohe Pōtae or Rohe Pōtae o Maniapoto is a region in the North Island of New Zealand, extending south from the Pirongia, Otorohanga and Kawhia Harbour to the upper reaches of the Whanganui River and Ruapehu; from the Tasman coast between Mokau and Kāwhia, east to the Hauhungaroa and Rangitoto Mountain Ranges.
Taranaki-King Country is a parliamentary electorate for New Zealand's Central Government.
The King Country lies across two local government regions, Waikato and Manauatū-Whanganui. It is a historic region, not an officially designated region for administration by local government.
The King Country lies in all or part of four districts: Otorohanga, Ruapehu, Taupo and Waitomo.
- The historic districts of the King Country were -
- in 1886 -
- West Taupo
- by 1911 subdivided as -
- West Taupo
- by 1926 -
- Clifton has been amalgamated with Taranaki
- by 1956 amalgamated as -
- in 1989 -
- Ruapehu has absorbed Taumaranui
- Clifton (now part of New Plymouth District)
- Pio Pio
- Te Anga
- Te Kawau
- Te Kuiti
- Te Waitere
- www.KingCountry.co.nz - regional map
- For changing boundaries over time, see time lapse maps in Local Government in the King Country.
- for Taranaki-King Country Parliamentary Electorate see Wikipedia : Taranaki-King Country
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)