The Nims Family: Seven Generations of Descendants from Godfrey Nims
Godfrey Nims (d. 1705) may have been of Huguenot origin, according to a family tradition. He was living in Northampton, Massachusetts, by 1667, and settled in Deerfield by 1679. He married twice, to Mary Miller Williams, and Mehitable Smead Hull, both widows with children, by whom he had children of his own. He was survived by four of his children.
- By: Susan S. Oathout, John H. Schultz, Elizabeth C. Suddaby
- Published by: Southern Historical Press, Inc., 1990
- Pages: 941
- ISBN: ISBN 0-89308-681-9
- LoC CCN: 90-62621
- Source Example:
- <span id='Oathout'></span>Oathout, Susan S. ''[[Space:The Nims Family|The Nims Family: Seven Generations of Descendants from Godfrey Nims]]'' (Southern Historical Press, Inc., 1990).
- Inline Citation Example:
- <ref>[[#Oathout|Oathout]]: Page 1</ref>
Where to Find
This book is out of print but can be found in some libraries or purchased used online.
- Search WorldCat.org
- Search popular online bookseller by ISBN 0-89308-681-9
Omissions and Errors
- Page 167, The Ruggs surname is spelled incorrectly. The correct spelling is Rugg.
- Page 172, Children of Alpheus J. Nims are assigned incorrect ID numbers. They should be be 134181-13418(16), but change to 134171-13417(16). Incorrect numbers continue down to following generations.
- Page 714, Henry Nims died 24 Aug 1889. Book lists death as October 1868.
- Page 715, Frank Nims was married first in 1881 to Estella Whaite (Omitted). They had two children together.
- Page 928, Index entry for Rufus L. Thayer should refer to page 154, not 124.
- Sources-Family Genealogies
- A list of genealogy books about other families
- More genealogy books
- List of On-line book resources from Kitty's Library
- WikiTree Profiles that use this source