Location: Tower Hamlets, London, England
Surnames/tags: Cemeteries Tower_Hamlets Jewish_Cemeteries
See the Category: Novo Cemetery, Mile End, Middlesex category for people buried in this cemetery.
Cemetery name: The Novo Cemetery
Address: ALDERNEY ROAD E1 4413, Tower Hamlets (London Borough).
OS grid: TQ 35697 82234
Information: The sole remaining portion of one of Britain's earliest post-Resettlement Jewish cemeteries, whose connection with the London Sephardi community goes back nearly three centuries.
- Landscape interest: as the expression of distinctive Sephardi burial practices, and especially the avoidance of all upright monuments.
- Rarity: one of only two exclusively Sephardic cemeteries in England.
- Location and group value: part of a cluster of early Jewish burial grounds in the Mile End area, within the historic heartland of London Jewry.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)