Other: Family Genealogies
The Ogden Family in America
Elizabethtown Branch and Their English Ancestry: John Ogden, the Pilgrim and his Descendants 1640-1906. Their History, Biography & Genealogy.
- compiled by William Ogden Wheeler (1837-1900)
- edited by Lawrence van Alstyne and Rev. Charles Burr Ogden, Ph.D.
- printed for Private Circulation by J.B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia, 1907
- Source Example:
- <span id='Wheeler'></span>Wheeler, William Ogden. ''[[Space:The Ogden Family in America|The Ogden Family in America]]'' (Printed for Private Circulation by J.B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia, 1907)
- Inline Citation Example:
- <ref>[[#Wheeler|Wheeler]]: Page 21</ref>
Available online at these locations:
Table of Contents
- English Ogden Ancestry and derivation of the surname
- John Ogden, the pilgrim
- The Ogden Family. Elizabethtown branch
- On Page 6 it says information about the England ancestry was "confirmed by a genealogist (Gustave Anjou) who claims personal knowledge of the church records at Bradley Plain, Hampshire, and of several other English records and authorities." Unfortunately, "Bradley Plain" is a fictitious place, and much of the information from Gustave Anjou can not be considered accurate. A more thorough explanation in given on pages 10-12 of Jack Harpster's book "John Ogden, the Pilgrim (1609-1682): A Man of More Than Ordinary Mark", published in 2006.